Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Old 01-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #21
GoofySmurf
Crab Defiler

i really like this idea Relic...id also like to see a +/- 5 level rule for wars and PK's what honor is there in a lvl 80 saying WOW!! i just slaughtered a buncha lvl 5 noobies a revamp on how long runes stay in play in clan vault would be nice as well...trying to raise 20 million RP each month just to activate a clans rk5++ runes is very trying on everyone
Kittiara
FnKyM 4 Life <3

Old 01-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #22
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.

A +/- 5 level rule would be a huge leap in the right direction in my opinion, everyone of every level could have all the fun they desired.

Awesome Idea Beetdabrat.
Sure hope it happens then Duvopaz.

Last edited by Relic; 01-19-2010 at 05:24 PM..

nice idea
Old 01-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #23
Jonsboyfriend
Boss Hunter

Default nice idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Option 1 for death punishment: You lose nothing, and can immediately begin fighting once you are healed.
Option 2: You lose 1/4th the amount of RT you would lose on a normal death, this is actually a good method because it would give people a solid reason to level the stat-skill Aquital(Less RRT loss upon death).
Option 3: Winner takes1/2 of loser's level in RT/RRt (eg. beat a lvl 80 and you steal 40 minutes of losers rrt) PLUS this can let jefe create a new trophey sink skill!!
"Bitch stole my fish!" (every level gained in this skill reduces the amount of rt lost from losing combat in relic's crazy killing zone by .5)

But either way i like the idea

Old 01-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #24
Roeth
Seer's BFF

Supported, sounds like a great idea.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #25
Revanche
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Revanche Send a message via Yahoo to Revanche

+/-5 lvl pvp would be amazing, why? Because then PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY PK! they would be everywhere for awhile, then would wind down to the truly talented players of every level, a profession to be admired. Knowing there are pks around at any time would make people think twice about how good their build is. Sorry about the rant, impulse texting, love the free-for all idea, could really liven things up.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #26
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

Exactly Revanch.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #27
thatperson
Epic Scholar

+/-5 PK limit would SUCK there would be no challenge a good PvP build can easily beat most people 5 levels above them (at least at levels around where i PK) so imo a 5+/- would cause the world to be completely overrun with PKs who cant be beat
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #28
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatperson View Post
+/-5 PK limit would SUCK there would be no challenge a good PvP build can easily beat most people 5 levels above them (at least at levels around where i PK) so imo a 5+/- would cause the world to be completely overrun with PKs who cant be beat
But if everyone had that kind of build, or the majority, wouldn't that make it a challenge?

That's what this would try to accomplish, better everyone.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #29
jedimastercal
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsboyfriend View Post
Option 3: Winner takes1/2 of loser's level in RT/RRt (eg. beat a lvl 80 and you steal 40 minutes of losers rrt) PLUS this can let jefe create a new trophey sink skill!!
"Bitch stole my fish!" (every level gained in this skill reduces the amount of rt lost from losing combat in relic's crazy killing zone by .5)

But either way i like the idea
Option 4: winner gets 1/2 the opositions lvl in rt ie kill a lvl 80 at 79 and u get 40 mins rt or do 1/4 so u get 20 mins rt and the oposition loses like 1/4 or if the oposition gains 1/4 then make it 1/8 lost but u cant fight alts like the clan wars to prevent alt farming for rt

Old 01-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #30
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
But if everyone had that kind of build, or the majority, wouldn't that make it a challenge?

That's what this would try to accomplish, better everyone.
im not so sure that everyone would make a build for PvP theres many people who 100% PvE ...if a limit were implemented i would say a minimum of +/-10 levels in the current system if not +/-15 i agree lvl 80s shouldnt be able to PKK lvl 5s but a lvl 80 should be able to take out a lvl 70 or lvl 65 imo its still a decent challenge to the PKer and the PKKers wouldnt be able to 1hit all opposition that came up on them (such as a lvl 80 killing a lvl 20 or below)
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 01-20-2010, 12:35 AM   #31
jedimastercal
Boss Hunter

Y not just make it u can do -5 but if the -6 or more then they need to fight u to do it u can take on any lvl above u but only 5 lvls below well force on 5 lvl below max or they need to force u if its more making it a challenge if u want to do more then 5 and stuff

Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 AM   #32
thatperson
Epic Scholar

the challenge isnt killing 5 levels above you the challenge is that you are running from people who can kill you if u can only force 5 levels below you that removes the majority of the challenge
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 01-20-2010, 02:01 AM   #33
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

To get back on subject, PvP in Nod is a fail and we all know it, this suggestion and it's counterparts would fix that problem. Also, as a bonus would make Nod a really fun game all together, among many other positive repercussions.

Here are some good points that have been brought up among just a few of the supporters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasterqb View Post
I like it but also think these options would make PvP more usable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orderr View Post
Theres so much that the players could do with a zone like this. It should exist.
It should have no mobs at all also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvopaz View Post
I'd come back to Nodiatis forever if this got implemented. It's a REALLY good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelo View Post
That is an awesome idea, i would love to see that happening ( or the ARENA on todo list..)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
this is a great idea....which lead to better things, like sanctioned duel tourneys???
the PvP system as we know it is non-existant, and with the recent patches to PKing, that is a lost art as well.
we need something to occupy our time, grinding is mindless anymore, we need something to spark interest, and gain new players, not the same players creating endless alts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimastercal View Post
Also it will give people a more different look at the game because u have a free for all zone giving non stop action
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosttamer View Post
Love your idea Relic, this game would be much more fun if somthing like this was iimplented to the game and it would probebly briing in allot of new players aswell
Hah:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopooface View Post
Woah, best update I ever read in these forumz! THIS WOULD MAKE NODIATIS AN AWESOME GAME! I love you like shuga loves Koolaid Relic!
The players are saying something, can you hear it?

Last edited by Relic; 01-20-2010 at 10:20 AM..

Old 01-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #34
jedimastercal
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Here are some good points that have been brought up among just a few of the supporters:
You used one of my comments

Old 01-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #35
Ancestor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
this is a great idea....which lead to better things, like sanctioned duel tourneys???
the PvP system as we know it is non-existant, and with the recent patches to PKing, that is a lost art as well.
we need something to occupy our time, grinding is mindless anymore, we need something to spark interest, and gain new players, not the same players creating endless alts
i agree wholeheartedly with this - most importantly the bold part - and i would like to add to that bold part "AND FAST"

Old 01-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #36
Ravenskar

The useless and pointless 24 hour waiting period to battle after joining a clan should be removed as well. Since it's no less unfair then all the pussified gank tactics allowed already.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #37
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

Have to agree with that, clan wars are sissy enough, remove the 24 hour limit.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #38
launcelot
Boss Hunter

really liking this idea

Old 01-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #39
jedimastercal
Boss Hunter

With that clan part as said i think make u can join 5 clans per month or something a little bigger because some people invite members to a clan just to kick them

Old 01-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #40
Misguided
Seer's BFF

and also remove the 15 minute immunityafter you lose a clan battle, let them heal in town, war doesnt wait for medics

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW