Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

Old 10-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #21
Abeltronics
Rare Collector

Sherman.. clan Fah Q got banned for having an offensive name yet all those clans you just said havent.. so dont you think its a little unfair to have one clan banned while there are more clans similar to Fah Q lik Fuh Q or even worse names running around?

Old 10-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #22
thatperson
Epic Scholar

i agree any offensive names should be banned imo

Old 10-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #23
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeltronics View Post
Sherman.. clan Fah Q got banned for having an offensive name yet all those clans you just said havent.. so dont you think its a little unfair to have one clan banned while there are more clans similar to Fah Q lik Fuh Q or even worse names running around?
That's why I said they would be marked.

However, I should have expanded a little more, thanks.

When the "offensive clans" are destroyed of all RP, they will be permanently removed.

For future situations, Glitchless should have to approve of a clan, if it is offensive or not. Obviously we can't rely on the maturity of others to keep clan names clean, warm, fuzzy, and lovey dovey.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #24
Hunters Bane
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
This reminds me of XTian, ATian, Bewbs, Fuh q, SEMEN, SIIT, and many other clans.

There will always be controversy with certain clan names. Why? Because someone will either be offended, or someone will think it is the wrong thing to do to introduce such a clan name into a game.

Personally, I don't care about the name, it's just another joke created by double standards and taken offense by double standards.

People make fun of Jews, sexual predators, sexual anatomy, races, ethnic groups, religious groups etc...

If you are going to ban SS along with the supporters, just go ahead and ban Barack(for introducing a political implication), Nikita(Communist reference), Adolfhitler(Nazism and implications of Holocaust), Bewbs(sexual), Fuh Q(reference to an uncivil word), SIIT(intentionally looks like the word s-h-i-t, and there are many others.

However, what would be better is this: all of these "uncivil and offensive names" should be marked. Clans could freely target their members and kill them, effectively making use of their RP and helping smaller clans with Dominance and Territory.

Basically, this is just another example of those who oppose drama creating more drama.
I support this.
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 10-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #25
Ives

While it is true that every name can be considered insulting to some people, please do not generalise SS and Nazism to every other offensive name out there.

To name a clan in a "friendly" game after a group of people who perpetrated WWII and have its leader with the same name indicates a joke gone wrong.

Many people died during that war. Some of our grandparents who have lived through WWII are still alive with the scars of that war forever on them. For another generation of youths to make fun of that as though it is a light-hearted matter is not only insensitive - it is cruel.

Clans with names like Fah Q, and BEWBS are no doubt annoying. But a clan like SS with a leader named Adolfhitler is taking its lead from a group that tortured and murdered our people. This goes beyond "affecting our sensibilities". This is making fun of mass murder of our families - which is not a funny matter. It may be funny to a group of 14 year olds who think it's so cool. But it's a very serious matter to our parents and grandparents. Remember that.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #26
thatperson
Epic Scholar

i agree

Old 10-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #27
Zomgbie

Who cares...

Old 10-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #28
Deviousgrim

I agree, this clan is not appropriate. Not necessarily a ban, but a name change for sure

Old 10-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #29
Zomgbie

The holocaust happened like 70 years ago.

We could all just agree that 'SS' in 'Clan SS' stands for Super Saiyan??

pic very related

Old 10-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #30
thatperson
Epic Scholar

slavery was abolished 120 years ago but im pretty sure you would be complaining if someone named blackman (sry for the non political correctness) made a clan called slave and said it was a joke

Old 10-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #31
Zomgbie

I'm not offended easily. Too many other things in life to worry about than a silly clan name and someone's choice of character name.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #32
thatperson
Epic Scholar

its offensive to some of us

Old 10-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #33
Hopilus
Epic Scholar

speaking of requesting a ban....
imma sound like a bitch when i say this
but fairlane should be included in that list. got proof from his mother, that its still charlie on the char...the person who scammed repeatedly. and then came back claiming to be someone else. well, he got caught in his lies last night...
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #34
thatperson
Epic Scholar

charlie?

Old 10-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #35
Tai`Lauranna
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopilus View Post
but fairlane should be included in that list. got proof from his mother, that its still charlie on the char...the person who scammed repeatedly. and then came back claiming to be someone else. well, he got caught in his lies last night...
details?

link?

Why would you drop a comment like that and leave everyone hanging..?

Old 10-10-2009, 06:05 AM   #36
GoofySmurf
Crab Defiler

yeah.. details plz
Kittiara
FnKyM 4 Life <3

Old 10-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #37
Ravenskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopilus View Post

Caught by an expert liar himself no doubt.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #38
Music

I support Zenga in this.

And, Ives, the most ugliest part of all this is that this clan was made by adults and those characters are played by adults. And they know exactly what they are doing and most probably most of the Nodi population knows their real chars.

The only part I do not understand is why does SS and Hitler always being referred to Holocaust, jews and every topic around it ? Many nations lost their soldiers and civil population, especially Eastern European countries. Just a basic example - During Holocause it is statistically being said that around 6-7 millions of jews were killed, but countries like Russia lost more than 30 million of people. How does that compare ?

So when we talk about those things, we should think of them all...

Old 10-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #39
Tapobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
I support Zenga in this.

The only part I do not understand is why does SS and Hitler always being referred to Holocaust, jews and every topic around it ? Many nations lost their soldiers and civil population, especially Eastern European countries. Just a basic example - During Holocause it is statistically being said that around 6-7 millions of jews were killed, but countries like Russia lost more than 30 million of people. How does that compare ?

So when we talk about those things, we should think of them all...

if there were still rep, i'd rep you. it is most unfortunate that we in the west are unable to remember any but those six million, when well over fifty million in all died as a result of the third reich. not even to mention what the japanese did to china (have you seen the movie nan jing?). but yeah, that's off-topic...my bad. not that it seems to matter, as mods will likely avoid this.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #40
sherman

My next clan will be NAMBLA and the leader will be Fatherpedophile.

I want to see who all objects.