Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Uncivil or Off Topic
Forgot?

What Music do You Listen To?
Old 05-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
Glitchless
Administrator

Default What Music do You Listen To?

Other than the Nodiatis soundtrack, of course... What do you listen to when you play and why are they far superior to what the person who posted above you likes?

Old 05-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
Chairz

I listen to mainly country, but everynow and then some punk and rap
just really depends on how my day went lol
and umm i guess its not better then what the person wrote above me, cause they *cough* jeff *cough* didnt say what they liked

Old 05-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
Archer of Crosis
Boss Hunter

I listen to mostly classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal, gore metal, screemo metal, alternative rock, punk, emo and oldies.

I have been known to listen occasionally to rap, pop, dance and techno, but only to clean the house XD.

I'm not partial to country music, as I cannot relate to it. It is my opinion that while some country music is tolerable, most of it is not for me.

I feel my music selection is superior to those who posted above me because rock and metal own your face.

Disturbed. Need I say more?

-----------------------------------------------
Made by Nikki

Last edited by Archer of Crosis; 05-28-2008 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: unintentionally offended someone.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #4
Flashus
Seer's BFF

only music i listen to is the wife nagging in my ear

http://www.freewebs.com/flashusrollus...the 1st help site for Nodiatis

Old 05-27-2008, 08:10 AM   #5
doug
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

hell i listent o a lot of music

but mainly dance and techno and punk

lol and it better than a wife nagging in your ear i can recon

Old 05-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

i listen too what i have on my playlist so it varies

Old 05-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
Flashus
Seer's BFF

i do listen to classic rock like early AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Horslips, Zepplin etc etc.

dance music wise i mainly listen to DJ sets like Carl Cox, Tall Paul.

not a big fan of rap music.

http://www.freewebs.com/flashusrollus...the 1st help site for Nodiatis

Old 05-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
Ian

Rock /pwns... Nuff said... No use for more posts =]

Old 05-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #9
SirTetsuya

I enjoy listening to rock and a bit of rap as long as it dosn't use bad language every 2 words.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:52 AM   #10
Metalg316

i like rock that also used bad language.
i love the song from Godsmack-i stand alone as a main song when i play rwk.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #11
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalg316 View Post
i like rock that also used bad language.
i love the song from Godsmack-i stand alone as a main song when i play rwk.
does your whole music collection consist of one song? i pity you

Me and my friends write our own music MySpace.com - life4land - Cambridge, UK - Electronica / Jungle / IDM - www.myspace.com/life4land

breakcore jungle kinda stuff thers like 17 people on the life4land label check a few out

Old 06-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #12
doug
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

i checked out the site and very nice jerome i like it

Old 06-25-2008, 11:07 AM   #13
Jerome

thats just a general one check all the links in the friends for the various members

Old 06-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #14
Ehlmaris

Loud and obnoxious punk rock all the way. Why is it better? A number of reasons.

1) Speed. Punk is notorious for playing things very fast; most covers by punk bands speed up the original song significantly. This speed motivates me to work faster to get the job done in RWK.
2) Aggression. If I ever start nuking, I want music that shouts things like "**** you," "fight the power," or "damn the man." An anti-establishment mood, the ideal of bringing a corrupt society to its knees through violent revolution... mmm. Damn, I wanna go make a tect right now.
3) Message. When it comes to punk, especially modern socio-politically influenced punk, there is a common belief in freedom, justice, and equality. In much the same way that the artists see our society as unjust and imbalanced, giving a handful of people certain opportunities that other classes of society simply do not have, I see RWK as it is as unjust and imbalanced. The powers that be sit on their riches and pull the strings of plex politics. Acumen is dominated by a handful of people. Those new to the game who do not have many resources available to them find it difficult, almost impossible, to catch up.

Why does everything else suck for playing RWK?

Country: From my experience, most country artists embrace a seemingly blind faith in the government and current power structure. In RWK, such blind faith led to the rise of the greatest scammers the game has ever seen.
Rap: Bitches and hos? Pfft. Those don't exist in RWK.
Metal: Fast and aggressive, yes. But metal to me is filled with pure anger, resentment, frustration. There is no ray of hope that we can change things for the better.
Classic rock: Honestly I have nothing at all against classic rock, my band covers a lot of classics. I just don't think this genre is right for RWK because I need the speed and aggression that can only be found in other genres.
Modern rock: Sometimes it can come close to punk, in which case yes, it is good for RWK. But some songs just bring the mood down. Seriously... if I am nuking, the last thing I want to hear is "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's.

And that is why punk kicks your ass.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #15
Archer of Crosis
Boss Hunter

Quote:
And that is why punk kicks your ass.
Can't really argue with that. If punk didn't kick our ass it wouldn't be punk, in fact i think punk = kickass. :P
But come on, nuking to some Styx - Renegade or Dragonforce - Soldiers of the wasteland, nothing better, cept cheese cake (which i never get to eat) and that other 3 letter word (which some people playing online games don't get).

-----------------------------------------------
Made by Nikki

Old 06-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #16
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer of Crosis View Post
Can't really argue with that. If punk didn't kick our ass it wouldn't be punk, in fact i think punk = kickass. :P
But come on, nuking to some Styx - Renegade or Dragonforce - Soldiers of the wasteland, nothing better, cept cheese cake (which i never get to eat) and that other 3 letter word (which some people playing online games don't get).
breakcore>all the day punk utilises more than 3 power chords is the day pigs fly its boring

Old 07-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #17
Jozier

jeff listens to industrial music

Old 07-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #18
Ehlmaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
breakcore>all the day punk utilises more than 3 power chords is the day pigs fly its boring
I still have not found many punk bands that have used three chords and ONLY three chords in a song... I can't even think of one. Hell, Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones is actually four chords.

Besides that, punk has evolved from those early days. It takes actual musical talent to play the new stuff :P power chords, actual chords, ****ed up chords, scales, modes, etc.

But I love how the simplicity argument is the only one I ever hear against punk XD

Old 07-04-2008, 03:18 AM   #19
Jerome

when you listen to stuff i mkae/listen to any kind of music that limits its instrumentation is boring really i mean yeah different guitars/maps sound diferrent and **** but its always still gonna be a guitar. i know a guy that made a track based on some tv show where a couple was having an argument, he made it completely out of recordings of throwing cutlery around and these tv xharactures shouting at each other, like pitch shifitng everthing creating melodies like that.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:32 AM   #20
aarathy

I like Malayalam songs very much. I am a fan of Malayalam Melody songs. I like Queen of Melody singer Chithra very much. Now I am listening to her melody song "Varuvanillarum" from the film "Manichithra Thazhu".