arena bonus
Old 03-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #1
Raidens
Boss Hunter
 
Raidens is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
Default arena bonus

15 matches gives 5.8% bonus. Not to mention que time is slower than premade 3v3.

This is extremely slow, I don't see the point queuing for 6+ hours a day , and i don't have the time to do that either.

Can you buff bonus gain to match last premade, or raise it so it's actually worth doing the 40 daily matches? at current gain i'd say 40 is 10%, and that will take... hours.
 

Old 03-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #2
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,313
Default

Slow queues at 7:15am? Crazy.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
 

Old 03-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
Raidens
Boss Hunter
 
Raidens is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Slow queues at 7:15am? Crazy.
Compared to premade, it's far slower. And it may be 7:15/8:15 am for USA players, but this prime time for EU/Asia
 

Old 03-11-2019, 08:57 AM   #4
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,313
Default

Not going to be buffed. We can nerf the other one if there is too much of a discrepancy.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
 

Old 03-11-2019, 09:03 AM   #5
Raidens
Boss Hunter
 
Raidens is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Not going to be buffed. We can nerf the other one if there is too much of a discrepancy.
considering a hefty chunk of people only Que for bonus, this will make que time even less if people don't que because of it. I don't understand why premade vs 3v3 anon is different bonus % scales, when it's the same 3v3 format, just an anon disguising it.
 

Old 03-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #6
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidens View Post
I don't understand why premade vs 3v3 anon is different bonus % scales, when it's the same 3v3 format, just an anon disguising it.
I can explain. The difference in the past always was the matchmaking. Queues were purposefully slowed by the system that gated queue times based on how close your 3v3 team's rating was the the other potential matchees, and how many times and how recently you had fought them in your past 20 fights. Last season that matchmaking system was changed to work with just random, faster queues, but that resulted in it being too easy to farm cheesy wins vs. the same crappy teams that dodgers knew were in queue and knew they could beat. It was a mistake to not have downscaled the bonus for the trial run of the random matchmaking. A 25% bonus from arena fights is way too high.

The old matchmaking system has been replaced for premade seasons, as per the announcements, which will result in slower queues for 1v1 and 3v3 premade, and also a cap of 25 matches as opposed to the 40 per day that you have now for solo queue anon.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
 

Old 03-11-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,313
Default

It's also important to realize that the bonus is cumulative with gradual decay, so you can't really appreciate what your final % will be compared to last season having only queued for less than a day.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
 

Old 03-11-2019, 09:15 AM   #8
Raidens
Boss Hunter
 
Raidens is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
I can explain. The difference in the past always was the matchmaking. Queues were purposefully slowed by the system that gated queue times based on how close your 3v3 team's rating was the the other potential matchees, and how many times and how recently you had fought them in your past 20 fights. Last season that matchmaking system was changed to work with just random, faster queues, but that resulted in it being too easy to farm cheesy wins vs. the same crappy teams that dodgers knew were in queue and knew they could beat. It was a mistake to not have downscaled the bonus for the trial run of the random matchmaking. A 25% bonus from arena fights is way too high.

The old matchmaking system has been replaced for premade seasons, as per the announcements, which will result in slower queues for 1v1 and 3v3 premade, and also a cap of 25 matches as opposed to the 40 per day that you have now for solo queue anon.

Okay, I understand that completely. But it takes i think more than 40 matches in this format to even get 10%. Can you at least make both 1v1/3v3 premade, daily 25 matches equal to 10% bonus, and then make bonus gain above that slow to negate doing more matches simply 'for bonus'. 10% seems like a fair bonus gain
 

Old 03-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #9
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,313
Default

You're missing the accumulation factor. If you do 40 fights a day for several days you will definitely get over 10%
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
 

Old 03-11-2019, 09:32 AM   #10
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,313
Default

Even 30 fights a day for 4 days in a row will get you over 10%
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
 

Old 03-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #11
Demons
Boss Hunter
 
Demons is offline
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: south from the krusty crab
Posts: 337
Default

5 hours + for 10% bonus is kinda crap tho...even if its accumulative you are assuming people have 4+ hours every day to arena.
 

Old 03-11-2019, 10:37 AM   #12
Johnny Psycho
Rat Slayer
 
Johnny Psycho is offline
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 41
Default

Mom! Bathroom!
 

Old 03-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #13
Brau
Boss Hunter
 
Brau is offline
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 85
Default

Current arena rules / mechanics are encouraging:
1) Individual play, no more 10+ alts in queue (but you have a nice post on forums encouraging people to play multiple toons)
2) Solo PVE (but there aren't so many zones where you could solo, moar mid zones please!!!)
3) Sitting in queue with a bot for the whole day / night in order to accumulate some bonus to even start efficiently PVE
4) Curse and CAPS QQ in civil / uncivil (Lakki exceed his limit of yelling this morning during his 4-5 hours play time screaming about people throwing matches)

Give back 10% flat bonus while in queue or make it easier to gain a decent 10% by doing 10-15 matches a day, reduce the cumulative gains after a certain percentage and make a bonus cap to 15-20%.

Try playing this game Glitch!
 

Old 03-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #14
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demons View Post
5 hours + for 10% bonus is kinda crap tho...even if its accumulative you are assuming people have 4+ hours every day to arena.
Definitely not assuming that, quite the opposite. There is a reason it's called a bonus and not an entitlement. It is a reward for doing something that not everyone can do.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
 

Old 03-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #15
Raidens
Boss Hunter
 
Raidens is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Definitely not assuming that, quite the opposite. There is a reason it's called a bonus and not an entitlement. It is a reward for doing something that not everyone can do.
anyone over level 60 can do it. And 99% of people only do arena for bonus and tokens, they don't care for the 'prestige' of winning.
 

Old 03-11-2019, 11:43 AM   #16
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,313
Default

You're both complaining you don't have time:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidens View Post
i don't have the time to do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demons View Post
you are assuming people have 4+ hours every day to arena.
The bonus is for people who do. Stop whining.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
 

Old 03-13-2019, 03:18 AM   #17
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,313
Default

Philog at 19.2% bonus right now...a good whine needs to age, and this one was definitely premature.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
 
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM
Boards live since 05-21-2008


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.