Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Old 11-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
jadedsoul
Boss Hunter

Red face

I would like to make the suggestion that the regen gems do NOT have a no fail upkeep to many people are using regen with no fail and waiting for damage boost to kick in so they can kill their foe.

Last edited by jadedsoul; 11-30-2013 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #22
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

I agree if cnt mitigates DD it should mitigate dot but them again it should mitigate auras and,everything,else.

Orrrrr

There could be new skills implemented that work with cnt to mitigate certain,things. all in all mitigating dots will cause ppl,to ask for more and thus rabids will be less effective and,whatnot... If you're all about defense and long battles then woot for that.

I hate dots myself. Ppl hate when I cb them as they (for the most part) are in,gor a slow as hell death..

Nerf complaints and buff me!

Also I do not support this DD caster buff however I do support sammiches

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 11-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #23
Master
Boss Hunter

at the same rate... all regeners die at arena bonus as well.. its a double edge sword. There is no issue imo, just a hassle

Old 11-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #24
Valor
Crab Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrat View Post
the answer to your question is it should not mitigate DoT because it is not needed.

And no, everything is not off topic, we are giving you suggestions to counter DoTs instead of changing something that is not broken.
But the suggestions you gave can be equally used against DD casters as well. How come they show that Dot damage doesn't need to be mitigated by cnt without showing the same thing for DD damage?

Let's remember the main question of this topic: Why cnt mitigates DD damage but it doesn't mitigate Dot damage?

No matter how many alternate methods you list to use against Dot casters, those methods (or some variations of those methods) can be used against DD casters too, and consequently, they can't answer the main question and explain why DD damage needs to be mitigated by cnt while Dot damage doesn't need to. (and that's why I said they are offtopic and irrelevant)

All days are one day, split through an endless night.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #25
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor View Post
But the suggestions you gave can be equally used against DD casters as well. How come they show that Dot damage doesn't need to be mitigated by cnt without showing the same thing for DD damage?

Let's remember the main question of this topic: Why cnt mitigates DD damage but it doesn't mitigate Dot damage?

No matter how many alternate methods you list to use against Dot casters, those methods (or some variations of those methods) can be used against DD casters too, and consequently, they can't answer the main question and explain why DD damage needs to be mitigated by cnt while Dot damage doesn't need to. (and that's why I said they are offtopic and irrelevant)
Because, You can defend against some fireball or leaf being shot at you to some point, but you cannot really against a disease or poison being cast on you, or a curse.

Happy? Go do some LARP Tests like Mike enjoys, it might make more sense.

Last edited by Hoodrat; 12-01-2013 at 04:24 AM..

Old 12-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #26
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrat View Post
Because, You can defend against some fireball or leaf being shot at you to some point, but you cannot really against a disease or poison being cast on you, or a curse.

Happy? Go do some LARP Tests like Mike enjoys, it might make more sense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66FAkLLDrZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #27
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor View Post
No matter how many alternate methods you list to use against Dot casters, those methods (or some variations of those methods) can be used against DD casters too)
And you are wrong here. Cleanse is a DoT specific tool with the one protection skill...

Sacred Defender, when using a shield, is an amazing tool to utilize against a DoT caster to avoid ruptures.

Last edited by Hoodrat; 12-01-2013 at 06:20 AM..

Old 12-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #28
Cyress
Boss Hunter

Ok here is your answer.
All "attack types" have a damage range with which a damage curve is calculated stats vs. stats dependant on the type of attack.

Damage over time gems are not considered an attack. There is no curve to be calculated because there is no damage range. Therefor it is just a resist check cnc vs. cnt.

Now to answer the next idea that popped into your head just after reading this, here it is.

If you made dots into an "attack" you would make all the attack spacific perks that DoTs do not currently get, availible. Based on the nature of your inquirey, you do NOT want that to happen =)

Last edited by Cyress; 12-01-2013 at 06:43 AM..

Old 12-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #29
marzus
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyress View Post
Ok here is your answer.
All "attack types" have a damage range with which a damage curve is calculated stats vs. stats dependant on the type of attack.

Damage over time gems are not considered an attack. There is no curve to be calculated because there is no damage range. Therefor it is just a resist check cnc vs. cnt.

Now to answer the next idea that popped into your head just after reading this, here it is.

If you made dots into an "attack" you would make all the attack spacific perks that DoTs do not currently get, availible. Based on the nature of your inquirey, you do NOT want that to happen =)
OMG! I so want to see dot crits :O

Old 12-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #30
arra
Neophyte

Imagine if all the +hit chance effects worked for dots...

Old 12-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #31
Valor
Crab Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyress View Post
Ok here is your answer.

Thank you for your on topic and relevant post, Cyress. I didn't plan to write more on this topic after the troll posts but your reply encouraged me again. I appreciate it.

I understand the difference between "attack" and "non attack damage" and I definitely do not suggest to change Dot into attack, not for the reason you mentioned though (I don't think that Changing DoT into an "attack" will make it stronger, it will actually make it weaker probably, because it will be subject to be blocked by a shield). The reason I don't suggest to change DoT into an "attack" is that it will be a very radical change to the game, too radical.

I think it now boils down to coding techniques and other technicalities that I am not familiar with. If changing DoT into an "attack" is "technical requirement" for coding the game to let cnt mitigate Dot damage, then I take back my suggestion. But if, from a technical point of view, Glitchless can code it so that cnt mitigates Dot damage without needing to turn Dot into an "attack", I think it is best if he does it.

In the end I thank Glitchless and everyone else for their time to read my posts here. I will not post again on this topic because I think every side has already spoken their viewpoints. All that we, as the community, can do is to share our opinions and it is Glitchless who will consider them and make a decision. None of us can see the game's "big picture" from a wide perspective the way Glitchless can.

Cheers

All days are one day, split through an endless night.