Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #41
Smashbros
Epic Scholar
 
Smashbros's Avatar
 
Smashbros is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhazar View Post
Perhaps just improve spike rune. Such rune of rank 5 adds 5 points to min weapon damage which is pretty worthless. Suggest change it to 20% per rank so rank 5 rune will add 100% to min damage.
i support this lol.

in saying that though, it would make my max min damage attainable atm (almost no hp, and in deathblow with r5 weighted) to be ~2800 lol.
__________________




Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #42
Alesandra
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Alesandra's Avatar
 
Alesandra is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: COLORADO!
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
there is no reason why crusher or a DDer can rip threw a tank faster then a piercer can with almost 900 dex.... Glitch this needs to be looked into please. I belive the piercers are underpowered... AND NO I do not even own a piercer or a toon with one.. I just watch what happens in arena and PVP
Crushers can rip thru a tank since when lol. I beg to differ thorin, when I have 100 in all weapon skills, epic assurance rune and a legendary 2h crusher and cant even connect to kill a tank with a legendary shield.
__________________






  Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #43
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended
 
Hoodrat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: :O
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesandra View Post
Crushers can rip thru a tank since when lol. I beg to differ thorin, when I have 100 in all weapon skills, epic assurance rune and a legendary 2h crusher and cant even connect to kill a tank with a legendary shield.
I think what he means that if it is even possible it needs to be adressed... There are more powerful crushers than you as well as DDers and if Piercers still can't connect more than these, thereis something wrong.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #44
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended
 
Jadakris is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,785
Default

I guess some people still don't understand that certain weapon types are for certain types of combat... Not to mention Krim pretty much summed it up. Because the weapon types are rather balanced with skills maxed.

If you expect to be like some super DPS 2h your going to slowly find out that it just won't happen like that. Damage is entirely too random for most weapon types (except piercers OMG GO FIGURE). And this is true due to the fact that only mitigation can lower the bloodlets.. something crushers and slasher cant really take a huge advantage on. And go figure this again... most tanks... use...............mitigation..........

:O WHO KNEW
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #45
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended
 
Jadakris is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhazar View Post
Perhaps just improve spike rune. Such rune of rank 5 adds 5 points to min weapon damage which is pretty worthless. Suggest change it to 20% per rank so rank 5 rune will add 100% to min damage.
Good suggestion, however I do think that the numbers would need slightly adjusted.. to maybe max out at like 50% on T6 runes..But that is something Glitch would have to fiddle with to make match up with his "DPS" or "DPD" theories.. lol

Last edited by Jadakris; 03-29-2013 at 07:30 PM..
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #46
Smashbros
Epic Scholar
 
Smashbros's Avatar
 
Smashbros is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakris View Post
I guess some people still don't understand that certain weapon types are for certain types of combat... Not to mention Krim pretty much summed it up. Because the weapon types are rather balanced with skills maxed.

If you expect to be like some super DPS 2h your going to slowly find out that it just won't happen like that. Damage is entirely too random for most weapon types (except piercers OMG GO FIGURE). And this is true due to the fact that only mitigation can lower the bloodlets.. something crushers and slasher cant really take a huge advantage on. And go figure this again... most tanks... use...............mitigation..........

:O WHO KNEW
yes, your exactly right!!! who would of thought, that a weapon type, thats under used, under powered even with skills maxed, is the exact same as the others!!!

your an idiot. even glitch stated that it seems 2h is lacking, but 1h is fine. So yeap, your right in your all knowing douchiness.

/claps for the handicap
__________________




Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #47
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended
 
Hoodrat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: :O
Posts: 809
Default

Stay out of my thread with your useless **** please and thank you, Jada.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #48
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended
 
Jadakris is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,785
Default

I never said it wasnt unbalanced, I said pretty close. The moral of the story is using 2H weapons fail "high end" plain and simple. You might be missing 5-10% total damage in the end, but your searching for initial burst damage.. which is fine and all, but simply the wrong approach for the weapon type

Not to mention, do any of you even have legendary weapons?
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #49
Hirumaxx
Crab Defiler
 
Hirumaxx is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 79
Default

spike rune change would be good. just a thought of the %, make the % of spike rune double the % of rune of pain.

example r5 pain rune gives 8% bonus to damage, so r5 spike rune would give 16% min damage bonus..something like that
__________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #50
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended
 
Hoodrat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: :O
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirumaxx View Post
spike rune change would be good. just a thought of the %, make the % of spike rune double the % of rune of pain.

example r5 pain rune gives 8% bonus to damage, so r5 spike rune would give 16% min damage bonus..something like that
Having spike rune @ ~2% per rank I think would be a nice change to the rune.



Thank you for the suggestion, as well as everyone else, but modifying one rune or adding one extremely expensive (and possibly unobtainable AGAIN) LG weapon cannot fix the little issue which is keeping 2H piercers behind the pack.

I do like this idea though !
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #51
>.>
Auction Master
 
>.>'s Avatar
 
>.> is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,217
Default

Why not just double the accuracy gained by leveling the Piercing skill. Atm it is 5% @100 so doubling it would not give a new skill that needs to be leveled and increase the accuracy of those that have already leveled it.

But tbh I do not think pierce needs a buff, they are tank rippers and they do it well. You cannot expect to be able to destroy a tank that is built to withstand melee hits (agi + dur) and there is already an accuracy bonus that no other class gets. You say that crushers can rip tanks as fast as piercers but you are likely comparing LG crushers to your 99 which you refuse to upgrade because you haven't found a 'good' one yet that is not being hoarded.
__________________



  Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #52
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended
 
Jadakris is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,785
Default

^ Thank god someone else understand that there is a HUGE difference between the 99 and LG weapons. I mean honestly, I wonder why they aren't comparing the 99 crusher to any of the LG crushers.. Because there is not even really a comparison..

"ERMAGAD SLASH HITS 20k!!!"

Not really! Sure the Flurry can, but the average 99 user like myself is lucky to hit 14-16k ON MOBS with full DB and Vengeance and near maxed skills as a warrior/weapon master..but on average, I hit 3-4k which again isn't that much less compared to a 99 2h.. may get a periodic 7k PvP hit.. but like I said pretty damn close to balanced
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #53
flipynifty
Epic Scholar
 
flipynifty's Avatar
 
flipynifty is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,423
Send a message via MSN to flipynifty
Default

i fully support a regener buff
__________________


omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #54
Rakar
Boss Hunter
 
Rakar's Avatar
 
Rakar is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bumsville
Posts: 138
Default

Nerf regenerers, they save too much rt
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #55
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended
 
Hoodrat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: :O
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We'll look into pierce and run tests again to see if there is a change needed. Our guess is that 2H pierce might, but that 1H pierce is probably near or at the top of the heap for melee with the new items and changes that have occurred since the last tests.
Thank you trolls, let Glitchless do his thing and tell me, not you people who THINK you know.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #56
>.>
Auction Master
 
>.>'s Avatar
 
>.> is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,217
Default

He said might based off of your information. If you gave biased of faulty information then his words have no merit.
__________________



  Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #57
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended
 
Hoodrat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: :O
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.> View Post
He said might based off of your information. If you gave biased of faulty information then his words have no merit.
You make no sense. Glitchless admitted it might be lacking. MIGHT. He will check it. You can read into it however you want, but I doubt it is the information myself and the other piercers have given him since he stated there have been new implementations since the last tests. Go troll in another thread if all you are going to do is be rude in a thread that is trying to be productive. Thank you.

Last edited by Hoodrat; 03-31-2013 at 09:04 AM..
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #58
>.>
Auction Master
 
>.>'s Avatar
 
>.> is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,217
Default

Im not trolling, I just disagree with you. You are reading it how you want as well and because someone doesn't agree with you 100% they must be trolling. You said pierce accuracy might be lacking, I gave a suggestion to improve that and then gave my thoughts on the buff itself. If you want I can troll but if you do not want criticism then you should leave the forums.
__________________



  Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #59
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended
 
Hoodrat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: :O
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.> View Post
Im not trolling, I just disagree with you. You are reading it how you want as well and because someone doesn't agree with you 100% they must be trolling. You said pierce accuracy might be lacking, I gave a suggestion to improve that and then gave my thoughts on the buff itself. If you want I can troll but if you do not want criticism then you should leave the forums.
I have hope Glitchless will improve certain aspects of the 2H piercer to get on par with slashing and crushing, and I am fine here thank you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #60
Oneangel
Rare Collector
 
Oneangel's Avatar
 
Oneangel is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 768
Default

I don't think rogue was being rude, only pointing out that we all have altered perceptions based on our individual experience that may lead to inadvertent bias, much the way an acquiescence bias works in statistics. He did in fact make a suggestion to improve piercer accuracy which would suggests he either supports or sympathises with your feeling that 2h pierce needs a buff. I don't use 2h pierce so can't give any constructive comments, but you reacting in the way you did appears more an emotional response which devalues your previously well articulated points that had me, a neutral onlooker, previously siding with your arguement.
__________________

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM
Boards live since 05-21-2008


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.