Old 03-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #61
Moordenaar
Boss Hunter

Last word. Archers need no buff tear not.
#Quitcherbichin'

Old 03-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #62
thatperson
Epic Scholar

an archer has never 1 hit me theyre UP
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #63
Fior
Temporarily Suspended

Even blinded caster can cast gems are in play like recastable gems if the can recall position on screen. Also melee still can hit when they are blinded.
Also dot casters have daze provided by intoxicate skill.
And gems like Do unto, incidental redirection or Dicourage jeweling will be good if we can use as an aura in slot 2, 3, or 4.
And arrow rain is just for arena or many opponnets as .
Moordenaar, don't make confusion. I think here we must talking about 1vs1 fight, not 1VSmany or manyVSmany.
An archer can be good in 3vs3 or 2vs2 if one of they are tank, but not so good in 1vs1.

Last edited by Fior; 03-07-2013 at 07:15 PM..

Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #64
Glitchless
Administrator

When someone is blinded not only do they miss all melee and ranged attacks but also pet attacks.

The truth is archers might even be OP right now with the new LG items that give them double DPS bonuses with multi shot effects. And blind is highly underrated.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #65
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
When someone is blinded not only do they miss all melee and ranged attacks but also pet attacks.

The truth is archers might even be OP right now with the new LG items that give them double DPS bonuses with multi shot effects. And blind is highly underrated.
Even though Glitchless says they might be OP, the playerbase disagrees !

Old 03-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #66
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:

I'll agree with this. Being blinded really sucks. People say "you can still pull gems" but you don't know what those gems are, and unless you memorized what you have up, you don't know what you're replacing.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #67
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

Quote:

Glitchless:

Unless you have changed the game very recently, blind does not cause all melee, range and pet attacks to miss. I do it to myself often enough. The screen turns black, but the damage figures still display. Often while I've blinded myself I see my arrows hit the enemy and cause damage. I even cast gems while blinded, hit the enemy, and cause damage.

This is PVE. If you're referring to PVP, perhaps. The arena can have so much going on it becomes almost impossible to tell who is doing what. I don't know any bow fighter who has found the skill to anything more than irritating.

As for Thraki's Fury bow making bow fighters over powered, start inspecting slashers, piercers, crushers and whippers (everyone who isn't using a staff). A lot of the melee player base is equipping that bow. Those melee fighters gain all the multi hit benefits that are available to a bow user. So the archer isn't "OP," by your argument, the bow is. And be sure to include the Runed Flurry Greatsword in your list of OP weapons.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #68
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jordan View Post
And be sure to include the Runed Flurry Greatsword in your list of OP weapons.
Which you and other archers have equipped which gives you a huge bonus to multishot chance !!

Old 03-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #69
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

The point being Hoodrat that melee fighters also have melee weapons that do double damage, same as Thraki's Fury. And they can also equip Thraki's Fury. So don't single out that one weapon being used by some archers and call it (and them) "OP" as Glitchless did. A slasher with Runed Flurry and Thraki's Fury will have the same chances of double hit as an archer with Thraki's Fury and Runed Flurry.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #70
>.>
Auction Master

I love blind personally. I have never had a hit land on me while an opponent was blinded (melee or pet) which for a high delay weapon is very detrimental. And sure casters can cast while blinded but if you get them dazed they are an uncontrolled cannon ready to decimate themselves or their team.

It is quite easy to blind lock someone without trishot or other archers but if you add a team of triple thrak bow users with 100 blind (which i am going to cap next), trishot, ambush (10% trishot), arrowrain and the multiprocs from the thrak bow and LoD whips it could not only be extremely annoying but very hindering to any team.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #71
Glitchless
Administrator

The reason the weapon is being singled out is because archers benefit from it more than melee does. Having an 10% bonus to double attack ends up being about a 10% bonus to DPS, having a 10% bonus to trishot is about a 20% bonus to DPS. Hence the "double DPS bonus".

And if you see melee, ranged, or pet attacks landing when you appear to be blinded you can rest assure they are attacks that have taken place either right before or right after you were blinded/re-blinded. The code is quite simple in this regard and has been double checked. If you are blinded you don't even get a roll to see if you hit, you default to miss. When the client gets an update from the server it is processing multiple events that have taken place over a period of 50-300ms. The exact ordering of those events is not preserved when displayed by the client, a status change such as a blind that has taken place any time during that period will immediately effect your screen and then all the attacks that took place are displayed in slightly delayed fashion in the order they came to make it look less jumpy.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #72
Fior
Temporarily Suspended

I fight with other players 1vs1 and i blinded but their hits still touches me but i was not concerned to take account of this. Well... that can be because internet delay and their touches hits was because of lag but still...
Anyway that can be tested and recorded. Btw... if i blind target and they miss, kite and growl (if i use whips) are activated ? Because that is not so good. Those archer options will be lost and archers have only 20% chances for kite and only 10% chances to growl (if use whips, less if use just one whip) and, in my oppinion, it would be unfair.
Anyone can tell me about a good screen recorded software... please? I think i will testing myself someday.

EDIT : He he... my earlier posting was writing while Glitch has writtes already and both talking about internet delay or lag.

As about lg weapons/bow set they are not yet fully discovered. Should pass about three years before they can be discovered all if we consider the number of 15 lg's for each type of weapons (bow set, staff and melee weapons).
Thraki bow has a small damage coparared to Demontendon bow and it would been nice if Demontendon bow he had options of Thraki bow because melee don't fight with bows and their don't need Thraki bow damage but only his options. But as lg's will continued to come, maybe one of next bow will have better options then thraki and higher damage then Demontendon both in same bow.

And about blinding, again, is bad to be on opposite side of bows and be blinded, but don't forget also, archers are on opposite side of melee or casters and is not so convenient.

Last edited by Fior; 03-08-2013 at 12:10 AM..

Old 03-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #73
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

I will reroll to archer now !

Old 03-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #74
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

And I can assure you blind does not function properly. As I do manage to hit my ranger when blinded self dueling my alts.

Granted some shot might have been made prior to the blind.. but it happens after aswell.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #75
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

Krimlinger:

Reread the skill description, then reread Glitch's explanation a couple of posts above, then reread what Jadakris and I wrote. Glitch said you'll NEVER hit your target when blind. The skill description says it's nearly impossible, but not impossible, to hit your target.

Glitch's statement doesn't line up with the skill description or the experiences of Jadakris and myself. If Glitch says it can't happen, I guess it can't happen. But it seems to us that it does.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #76
chrisdj
Boss Hunter

not to mention the speed of bows are the poorest in the game compared to all other weapon types! sure we have quivers for speed up but thats buying another legendry same with arrows to get the damage up three times the cost of a 2 hand crusher or slasher that on there own with there skills and procs do more damage and quicker!

but even arrow + bow totals more dps on paper the 2 hand crushers and slashers but they can hit for far more than i can even get close to especialy with the slice and dice skill plus multi hit some reported damage is in the 14k- 20k range! if thats to be believed?

the best tri shot i can manage is in the 11k range and that is so so rare! to be honest i find i get that a more regular tri shot would be more 5-7k range in redwood normal mode many are in fact under 5k due to the one of the tri shots missing or very low damage

glitch you improved us with the leg gear you have given us good magic deffence at last but there is no way we are OP'ed we are just average to good at a lot of things the easist class to go hybred but we are still way behind other classes! by the very nature of trying to be a jack of all trades and master of none makes that our weakness as well! (well average to good)

the legendry bows so far are either underpowered or overly slow to catch us up is it really fair for us to have to buy 3 legendries that when combined dont equal the melee 2 hander counterpart? thats a one off price compared to our 3 x price?

also a very minor and small bugbear! when you uptier archer legendries for tier 1 to tier 2 the dps goes up by 2 or in rangers revenge's case 1 to min one to max damage if you uptier any 2 hand legendry it goes up by 4 double the amount again we would have to uptier 2 different legendries to equal the total increase vs the melee

and i for one would still take a stun daze mezz chance proc over blinding arrow anyday of the week! as much fun as it is to blind and arrow rain a mob it doesn't do a lot because as far as i know those skills dont help against PVE

sigh! and i really really didnt want to get drawn into another forum post on archerY! I can see why these get flamed a lot there's not a lot of archers vs other classes and the other classes have a vested intrest in keeping us on the backfoot and not be on equal terms but hey thats nod for you ! lol

Old 03-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #77
Glitchless
Administrator

The reason the wording is as it is in the skill descriptions is to comfort the people who see a hit a fraction of a second after the blind or a fraction of a second before the blind appears to wear off. I can say with 100% assurance that blind is working as intended and causing all melee, ranged, and pet hits to miss during the true course of the effect if not the perceived duration by the client.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #78
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

Quote:
The reason the wording is as it is in the skill descriptions is to comfort the people who see a hit a fraction of a second after the blind or a fraction of a second before the blind appears to wear off. I can say with 100% assurance that blind is working as intended and causing all melee, ranged, and pet hits to miss during the true course of the effect if not the perceived duration by the client.
Fair enough Glitchless. It's nice after all the years I've been playing to find out the skill is actually useful. I truly didn't think it was.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #79
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Thanks for the blind archer buff Glitchless !

Old 03-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #80
Moordenaar
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fior View Post
Moordenaar, don't make confusion. I think here we must talking about 1vs1 fight, not 1VSmany or manyVSmany.
An archer can be good in 3vs3 or 2vs2 if one of they are tank, but not so good in 1vs1.
And I am telling you this: You are an idiot if you think you (an archer) deserve another buff just to make you compete 1v1. I personally already know that archers can fight 1v1 vs a melee or caster and still stand a good chance to win but you seem to be under the impression they cannot. Now to clarify since you are apparently thick headed NOT EVERY CLASS/BUILD SHOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT EVERY OTHER CLASS/BUILD IN THE GAME THEY SHOULD HAVE COUNTERS MEANING CLASSES/BUILDS THAT THEY ARE AT A DISADVANTAGE 1V1 IF THERE WERE NOT THESE COUNTERS THE GAME WOULD NOT BE BALANCED AND WOULD NOT BE FUN. So I declare again....#Quitcherbichin'