Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Arena Victories Give Ter/Dom, War Changes
Old 01-05-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Default Arena Victories Give Ter/Dom, War Changes

Interesting update, but if I might make a suggestion....

My arena team has killed a few teams in the grey and light blue range. The pop up message came up in clan chat showing 0 Terr/Dom gained. Why is there a pop up when there is no Terr/Dom gained?

Perhaps remove the pop up appearing when no Terr/Dom is gained?

Old 01-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #2
>.>
Auction Master

although this is a bonus and not a necessity for arena taking away the pop up would make it look cleaner. or adversely make the minimum 1 terr/dom as it is with rating since there was still work put into the fight.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #3
Dennisthemenace
Boss Hunter

Liking the update overall.

Dislike that the clan messages now are an easy indicator to competitors that you are active in arena.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #4
LadyGaGya
Boss Hunter

Every 4 hours is too much. Just guessing here, but I'd say the average player plays about 4 hours a day , if they are active. So basically, given that assumption, most people would only be able to clan battle once a day. Not everyone will log in tm just for arena. So, clan battles are not going to be something casual, but something absolutely necessary to maintain runes. The cooldown needs to be shorter, imho.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #5
LadyGaGya
Boss Hunter

oh, but that's just if you lose, nvm, but still

Old 01-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
Traitortwoface
Crab Defiler

I am a member of just one clan. Shouldn't my clan be receiving twice the terr and dom as someone that has 2 clans, due to my undivided devotion to my clan ?

Old 01-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
Mattidor
Rat Slayer

How will this work out for the month or two during which arena is in its off time?

Old 01-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
beetdabrat
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattidor View Post
How will this work out for the month or two during which arena is in its off time?
Arena goes down for a week. But that is a week less to rake in ter and dom.

Beet Da Brat

Sad Face
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #9
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

Unhappy Sad Face

Clan battles are one of the only things I enjoy about this game anymore. Many people will attest to that as I am constantly clan battling people all day long and now I can only do it twice a day if I lose? This aspect of the game has been ruined in my opinion. I don't know what was trying to be solved here but it broke far more.

Also
Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #10
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Also

Why did the immunity get extended to 16x it's original length and the gain increased to 4x...?

Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #11
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

The four hour immunity has pretty much brought "alt" wars to a screeching halt. No longer can you kill the same alt every 15 minutes to regain your territory at the end of the month. And with arena battles now providing dominance and territory, if your clan members are active in the arena, you no longer need to.

Boog raises a good point though. For players who truly enjoy real clan battles, the four hour immunity pretty much brought them to a stop also if you lose one. You may need to rethink this one, Glitchless.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
Beatingu
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to Beatingu

make the 4 hour immunity only for alt clans/battles, if you're in an aligned clan you still have the 15 minute timer, yes clans could make their alt clans aligned opposite but would have to worry about other clans killing them, and if you're in an aligned clan and complain about being clan battled while farming...leave the clan

Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatingu View Post
make the 4 hour immunity only for alt clans/battles, if you're in an aligned clan you still have the 15 minute timer, yes clans could make their alt clans aligned opposite but would have to worry about other clans killing them, and if you're in an aligned clan and complain about being clan battled while farming...leave the clan
I support this. I was thinking more along the lines of...

Specific Clan War = 30 minute timer with double Terr/Dom as before

Aligned Clan War = 15 minute timer with original Terr/Dom gains

This is the closest we can get to PvP without risking the time and effort involved, so let's kill each other !!

Also, this would allow for pushing towards level 6 runes !!

Lastly, civillians in aligned clans should be able to be forced upon and yield Terr/Dom if killed, but cannot force and cannot gain Terr/Dom if kill. Collateral Damage in war is just how it is!! Go hide in town where civillians belong. Soldiers and higher are the ones trained for combat.

Last edited by Hoodrat; 01-07-2013 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 01-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #14
Beatingu
Gem Pouch Expert

support

Old 01-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #15
chloe
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrat View Post

Lastly, civillians in aligned clans should be able to be forced upon and yield Terr/Dom if killed, but cannot force and cannot gain Terr/Dom if kill. Collateral Damage in war is just how it is!! Go hide in town where civillians belong. Soldiers and higher are the ones trained for combat.

collateral damage until you are jailed, 'aka forced to stay in town for 24 hrs nod time' for war crimes as you are targeting civilian targets.

Honorable mention goes to Emiliastormrage, Roguetiger, Hustlerking, Chloe.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #16
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
collateral damage until you are jailed, 'aka forced to stay in town for 24 hrs nod time' for war crimes as you are targeting civilian targets.
If civilians want to hide, they should stay in town where they belong. If they enter the battlefield, they should be fair game. Don't join an aligned clan when there is a war going on unless you are willing to fight for the cause !!

Last edited by Hoodrat; 01-08-2013 at 03:40 AM.. Reason: .

Old 01-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

This 4 hour delay has seriously messed up my gaming experience. All I want is to fight people, and now I can't if I force on a group by mistake

Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #18
Glitchless
Administrator

We see your point of view Boog, but there's certainly an argument in the other direction as well. The people who have managed to kill you have done a feat that has earned themselves and their alignment a reprieve from your reign of terror. If you don't want to be locked out from killing then don't die, or at least fight in a group so your chances of death are minimized.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #19
Beatingu
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We see your point of view Boog, but there's certainly an argument in the other direction as well. The people who have managed to kill you have done a feat that has earned themselves and their alignment a reprieve from your reign of terror. If you don't want to be locked out from killing then don't die, or at least fight in a group so your chances of death are minimized.

I see the pint, BUT when joining an aligned clan you also know the risk of being battled by an opposing clan, the 15 minute timer was perfect for clan battles, no changes were needed. Please check out the other ideas in this topic.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #20
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

Unhappy

Once again then, why did we receive 4x the gain and 16x the delay. This is literally a personal slap in my face as I'm the only person besides the people in my clan that actually avidly seek out and force real clan battles. Alt clans will still farm themselves but now they just have to follow a schedule. You're only allowing me 2 losses a day in my 8 hours of play. Now the people I can kill just have to wait in town til they see my name and then they know they're safe for 4 hours... There has to be a way to do this without completely nerfing my fun