Arena rant
Old 03-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Dillthetank
Neophyte

Default Arena rant

Things need to change with arena. For the last few weeks my team has been grinding away each day trying for 1st place in arena. Most top teams leave when we are in the queue which is frustrating enough as if you are a top team you realize that you only get matches every 15-20 minutes and grinding 3 rating gain per hour is no fun. I realize people don't want to lose rating and that's fine. But when a number of the top teams come to the realization that a certain team is feeding rating to another in order to give them 1st place something needs to be done. I haven't posted about this in the past since it's hard to prove that 1 team is intentially feeding rating to another team (although it's awfully convenient that they always leave after 1 loss to anybody else but stay in the queue for 10 straight losses against this other team, and this seems to always happen right after my team logs off). As of last night, my team had a decent lead on both Bengrim and Bucifals teams, only to awake this morning to my chagrin and see that Bucifal had once again lost a large number of fights to Bengrim. Again, hard to prove although I can't see how anyone would want to lose 100 rating at this stage of the game. That is until I see Bufical's wc comment in SYNOD chat asking in Romanian "Do you want me in arena because Ben has a 18 point lead on Arach" Collusion should not be part of the arena. It's bad enough that Bucifal's team can't beat any of the other top teams so they have a strategy of getting draws against anybody they can't beat by using a shield user and 2 healers and just playing more than everybody else. If both these teams want to sit on the sidelines while we are in the arena because they can't beat us fine, but this is a pretty cheap way to get 1st place.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

I've long thought there should be a limit to how many times you can lose to 1 team in a row.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
Dillthetank
Neophyte

Thanks for sharing my views guys. Its very frustrating after working so hard to see this happen. I'm done for this season so they can have their "arena champion" title even if undeserved. Hopefully they don't find some other way to knock us out of top 3 lol.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
Tragicallyhip
Gem Pouch Expert

Or maybe a limit to matches per day. Something to limit this... Arena isn't fun if all you have to do is rig it. Players are losing interest in ever being first, and frankly that's not a very good thing atm. You have a bunch of talk about people going to other games due to things like this. I don't know about anyone else... but it sure would be nice to see something happen. I'm not threatening... I'm just saying what I've seen.

<-- Had to, That just never happens to me IRL

Old 03-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

I usually am a good sportsmanship man and never leave Q after dying , always try to find and study the fights, i have won 2 arenas in a row with different members, i never feeded my self away from another team because i do believe that the prizes r not even worth it, just the satisfaction to know that u did better and found original and improving ur strategies by winning is enough for me.

However in this particular case, is just not frustrating and unfair, it is against the rules as well. Bucifals team has been feeding their toons with their clannies using their accounts farming never ending some particular toons and ruining the trophies market as well. Draculetz told me when i asked how he was selling those big trophies that he was farming Smertnik so he could get accel on his toon ( sharing accounts ), i always knew something was wrong when he never talks in clan chat and or ignore my pm.

So is either you keep the people that harm the game and dont pay a single dollar and help other new players by giving them their accounts so they can farm 24/7 or u take in consideration the people that farm as much as they can in a legal and honest way.

We, mostly me... feel insulted and it takes the fun part of the game, is just not right winning something when u do 1/7 the work of the others and get 7x more than the others by ilegal manners.

They totally lost respect to the game and to the community and its harmful for the honest players.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF

you dont fight the same teams in a row usually. I would also like to add that bens team is not the only team they seem to have lost to purposefully . It would seem that a team that was in 11th place has beat them 3+ times. And I have fought both teams and know that bucis team can beat this 11th placed team without a problem. only weak teams throw matches or ask for matches to be thrown.

Although nothing can be proved it is quiet obvious to everyone.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
Jackhandey
Rat Slayer

Regarding the specifics of Dill's post - I can't agree more that the respectability and the fun-factor of arena is completely thrown away when 5+ months of work can be tossed aside while a few teams scheme for a few hours of arranged fights. Arach/Dillthetank/Sonera had an absolutely astonishing team and they deserved to be in first place. They earned it through hard work and thoughtful strategy. I was genuinely glad to see them take first place because they are the team that should be there.

This morning when I looked at the tops list and saw that Bengrim's team had taken 1st place again and HOW they got there, I was confused to say the least. The fight history indicated that they were simply fed points repeatedly. Knowing more about it now, I just feel disgusted.

Unfortunately, I don't have a specific suggestion at this point to prevent setups like this from occuring. I imagine there will always be a way to game the system. If I think of something I'll post it.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Looks like they're doing the same kinda thing with Rocks' team. Keeping them in top 10 maybe?

Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF

That is the team I was referring to

Old 03-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
Jackhandey
Rat Slayer

Buci I'm not trying to make this a mud-slinging contest. I'm talking about my experience when I say which team I think is "best" (all teams will have different advantages over some teams more than others, of course). Against my team, from my observation, they were the strongest team so I was happy to see them in first place. My point is about purposefully boosting one team over another for whatever reason... I'm talking about losing on purpose to alter the standings, especially the #1 ranking. Your team was great, you deserved the praise you got but that's not the point.

Last edited by Jackhandey; 03-30-2012 at 05:20 PM..

Old 03-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
Dillthetank
Neophyte

Fact is Bucifal, yes Bengrims team is strong and they were actually better than us at the beginning of the season.* However, we improved against them throughout the season to the point that we started beating them.* Even though we mostly had draws against them, after the last time we beat them, they started leaving the queue every time all 3 of us logged in.* A couple days ago we saw both of your teams were fighting each other in the arena and we had sonera log arachs toon in, what do you know you both stopped playing right away.* Why would you continue losing to them when your strategy all year was to leave queue any time a team that could beat you was on and feed off of the weak teams.* I saw your post in SYNOD chat speaking in Romanian saying "Ben has a 18 point lead over Arach do you want us to go in arena?", google translators work better than you think.* Fact is you guys probably are a top 10 team but definately not top 3, the only reason you are there is because you have 7 people sharing an account and have a strategy of playing more than anyone else and getting draws off of the better teams (even though we still beat you when you tried using a shield user and 2 healers aka gayest strategy ever)

Old 03-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Bengrim
Boss Hunter

my team fight 4 time manga and 4 (2draw) time paul's team just hour ago. so you think that rant too?

pleas dill honesly how many time we draw 100? 200? siriusly?
isnt it cheap way to cry?

get ower it.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Its ok guys, just keep doing what you guys are doing... you will end up playing alone. Respect you will never have thats for sure because people already know the kind or person that you guys are.

Jesus... in my time we used to fight vs botters as Spdkllz, now it only gets worse...with disrespectful liars and cheaters.

Your days are counted or the people that will remain around you; community will decrease, sportmanship 0 + lies = for the win right? for the records, we will never consider you as real champions so enjoy you legendary, because the admiration wont be by your side.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #14
Jackhandey
Rat Slayer

This thread should not be a bickering argument about which team is best. That invalidates the entire thread.

The problem is THROWING THE MATCH TO FEED POINTS, especially repeatedly. Please focus on the issue. Seriously, if this turns into each team arguing about who is better, everybody just loses. Period.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #15
Bengrim
Boss Hunter

its strategy and avoiding risk.i dont like fight against 2x dot you know why.
yes you get some wins i get some wins we both use some dirty stretegys.(tank+healer or stacking owertotal dots)

do you realy think we r accidently champion? avoiding hard comabat or boring draws not mean surrender.

many people leaves arena when strong teams online.its not new.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengrim View Post
its strategy and avoiding risk.i dont like fight against 2x dot you know why.
yes you get some wins i get some wins we both use some dirty stretegys.(tank+healer or stacking owertotal dots)

do you realy think we r accidently champion? avoiding hard comabat or boring draws not mean surrender.

many people leaves arena when strong teams online.its not new.
Not accidently , fixed.

Last edited by Sanlucifer; 03-30-2012 at 05:56 PM..

Old 03-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #17
Bengrim
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlucifer View Post
LOL, Busted. You just admited what Buci was rejecting.

You better say "Im dumb but im not stupid".

no you r dumb. i just hawe bad english

Old 03-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #18
Oneangel
Rare Collector

Having played more arena matches than any other team this season and not got into top 10 all I can say is that sometimes u don't get what u want and when that happens u should say well done to those better than you. Yes some people hide but that's just tactics...only 3 days ago we got dill 2 times in a row so yea we left q as we know we can't win and it looses us rating. The best team won't always win but i'm always gonna be more happy for any of u top 3 contenders to win than when the botting team won.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 03-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #19
Bengrim
Boss Hunter

i always keep competiton frendly.its sad to read all this stuff

Old 03-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #20
Tragicallyhip
Gem Pouch Expert

At any rate, being able to win arena twice in a row is bs. You should have to sit out the next season if you won the previous one. At least this would interest people more to arena.. knowing that it's anyones ball game again. Not just... "Oh well they will let there personal rating drop then win in the last month"

If you aren't going to let them sit out, then at least give us a 1v1 or 2v2 arena bracket... The game isn't even making money off the people that are winning this stuff... so when the rest of us go play diablo 3 and nod dies like rwk did.. I guess then it'll be realized that something should of been done.

I know, no one cares anyway... lets all just keep acting like people are completely honest and winning is deserved. No worries.

<-- Had to, That just never happens to me IRL