Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

G.Shattering again
Old 11-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Hallelujah
Rat Slayer

Default G.Shattering again

As a caster I have a some concerns about gem shattering in arena that should be addressed in a serious nature. Casters are now being held out of combat for at least the first three rounds of combat exchanges. Upon entering arena, my flame call is immediately shattered removing any possibilty of doing my main damage. Then, if that were not enough, I then experience a 2nd and a 3rd gem shattering which means that I am paralyzed and only taking damage throughout the arena fight's opening rounds of exchanges. Bad choice of words as they are not exchanges because I am getting walloped. I cannot cast a single gem nor heal either. Ultimately in PvP, casters can no longer compete because their main form of attack damage has been removed for the beginning rounds of each match. Can I have an whip entanglement gem, a sword melt, an arrow redirect or muzzle for pets to even this up a bit? Or can gem shattering be limited to one of the three opponents so that the first 3 gems I try to put into play are not destroyed?
Thank you for considering these comments.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

flame call doesn't actually add that much damage.
get a tank to provoke and taunt
i've suggested a charm gem that causes pets to attack their owners... to no avail

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 11-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
klippi

flipy, you've never tried making a caster from scratch. you skipped the phase where flame call is absolutely crucial for damage.

Last edited by klippi; 11-01-2010 at 04:47 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty View Post
flame call doesn't actually add that much damage.
get a tank to provoke and taunt
i've suggested a charm gem that causes pets to attack their owners... to no avail
but flamecall +starting DD+first draw does do damage plus provoke and taunts dont affect gem shattering iirc

ok seriously are the smileys different for everyone else they all weird looking to me now only the cool face looks the same....its really strange idk why they would change it
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

yes the smilies changed.

also id say the people shattering your flame cell are mainly noobs.

i know myself, and alot of other capped toons that have a clue, shatter auras like thorn, reflection, and sloth.

as san said in a dif thread all it does is add more strategy into arena, and pvp in general.

with a caster the 1st gem i take out, is angellic. then if the others have no auras, ill keep it for a min to see if they draw 1, and then ill use it on a DD gem if nothing else is coming out.

i believe ive used it once to date on a DD gem and not an aura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

Ok, I just checked, and you're level 50 atm. I'm currently level 55. Capped fights are a completely different story, so unless Flip and Smash have caster alts in that range, they don't know how much shatter can hurt. Now, I don't know who else is on your arena team, but from my standpoint, lvl 50-60 is when casters start to actually add some real DPS to your team, but melee is still slightly more DPS, and archery isn't far behind at that level. When you fight a team that is higher level, whether you get shattered or not...really doesn't matter, you're gonna lose. When you fight lower levels, whether or not you get shattered...really doesn't matter, you're gonna win. The only fights where it'd be a big deal are the ones where the levels are similar, that's when skills, gem draws, and shattering actually play a roll. The point of gem shatter is to increase strategy in arena, and well, sometimes it sucks, sometimes it doesn't. What to shatter and when can either hurt or help your team...if they shatter your flame and a DD, well, then you need another decent DPS char on your team if that kills you. Also maybe your team should think about what you're shattering...perhaps try different things that might re-balance it out.

Last edited by StormGuardian; 11-01-2010 at 04:49 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
Conqueror
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallelujah View Post
As a caster I have a some concerns about gem shattering in arena that should be addressed in a serious nature. Casters are now being held out of combat for at least the first three rounds of combat exchanges. Upon entering arena, my flame call is immediately shattered removing any possibilty of doing my main damage. Then, if that were not enough, I then experience a 2nd and a 3rd gem shattering which means that I am paralyzed and only taking damage throughout the arena fight's opening rounds of exchanges. Bad choice of words as they are not exchanges because I am getting walloped. I cannot cast a single gem nor heal either. Ultimately in PvP, casters can no longer compete because their main form of attack damage has been removed for the beginning rounds of each match. Can I have an whip entanglement gem, a sword melt, an arrow redirect or muzzle for pets to even this up a bit? Or can gem shattering be limited to one of the three opponents so that the first 3 gems I try to put into play are not destroyed?
Thank you for considering these comments.
Gem shattering is actually a boon to casters in some ways.

You are not thinking of it correctly.

Look at the magic resistance auras.

There is a skill under life magic called repel.

The skill and the gems together add a significant deal to the resistance ability of a tanking opponent.

With gem shattering, the caster can actually remove these auras from play giving the caster a greater ability to hit the tank which can be pivotal in caster-tank battles.

Flare up does not add that much damage to begin with and it would not be my primary choice (if I was to shatter a gem). If your attack gems are removed from play, they will return fast; gem draws are pretty fast. Just beef up or find a decent tank to protect you in the mean time.

I don't like these new smilies by the way.

All except this one. This one is dope.

Last edited by Conqueror; 11-01-2010 at 05:02 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
Tragicallyhip
Gem Pouch Expert

I for one would not waste a shatter on a flame call....

I prefer your anti auras... like Stoic and focus..... a mes or stunned opponent... can't even place a gem....

There's a tip for some.

<-- Had to, That just never happens to me IRL

Last edited by Tragicallyhip; 11-01-2010 at 09:16 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

Yeah, what everyone is saying is correct. I even agree with conqueror but i wouldnt call it a buff for casters because there is a lof of factors to take in consideration, in 1vs1 it hurts more to casters i would say, in arena it benefits the casters (cause they are been taking care of, tanks).

So i called it more than anything a pretty decent patch since it opens a whole new lvl of strategic.

Please, take in consideration that you cant call them noobs if you dont know what their team is, for example... actually i dont want to give examples it is up to you how well you do , just try to study your oponents more.. and you will know what to shatter , sometimes shattering an angelic is not a smart thing to do, why? it is up to you to find/study and get ur strategy.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

OMG CASTER GOT NERFED HERE COMES THE WHINING! The skill is working fine. You need to find a way to adjust to it. You guys are the ONLY ones who can blast off 4000 bloody HP in a matter of 5 seconds. Get over it.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by raperoo View Post
OMG CASTER GOT NERFED HERE COMES THE WHINING! The skill is working fine. You need to find a way to adjust to it. You guys are the ONLY ones who can blast off 4000 bloody HP in a matter of 5 seconds. Get over it.
Ps: Please nerf rock. He is out of control. Paper is fine. Love, Scissors.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #12
Hallelujah
Rat Slayer

Thank you all who have replied so far and those yet to respond. I really appreciate your honest feedback.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #13
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

Quote:
I know a melee who can do over 5k in 1 second without clicking and without the need of mana or energy! i just had to say that cause ur " You guys are the ONLY ones who blabla" shows how ignorant you are.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #14
Tragicallyhip
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlucifer View Post
I know a melee who can do over 5k in 1 second without clicking and without the need of mana or energy!
It was 4,600

Old 11-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlucifer View Post
I know a melee who can do over 5k in 1 second without clicking and without the need of mana or energy! i just had to say that cause ur " You guys are the ONLY ones who blabla" shows how ignorant you are.
^that
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 11-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #16
Pansy
Boss Hunter

In the arena melee fighters should not be targeting Flame Call or DD gems. The caster's critical gem is Aura of Stoic, and once that is shattered, the caster is helpless. Strong opponents with high Intimidate skills should be able to stun casters more or less continuously until they are killed. Been there, done that.

The caster's only recourse is to carry two or even three Aura of Stoic, which of course leaves less room for other gems and less chance to bring any other auras into play. In other words, it makes the arena more expensive and more aggravating. I don't do PvP any more, so play balance does not concern me, and the BMs should not consider this as "whining," just my opinion.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #17
Tragicallyhip
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicallyhip View Post
i for one would not waste a shatter on a flame call....

I prefer your anti auras... Like stoic and focus..... A mes or stunned opponent... Can't even place a gem....

there's a tip for some.
^

Old 11-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #18
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansy View Post
In the arena melee fighters should not be targeting Flame Call or DD gems. The caster's critical gem is Aura of Stoic, and once that is shattered, the caster is helpless. Strong opponents with high Intimidate skills should be able to stun casters more or less continuously until they are killed. Been there, done that.

The caster's only recourse is to carry two or even three Aura of Stoic, which of course leaves less room for other gems and less chance to bring any other auras into play. In other words, it makes the arena more expensive and more aggravating. I don't do PvP any more, so play balance does not concern me, and the BMs should not consider this as "whining," just my opinion.
It's funny you're assuming BMs are the best way to kill casters now *looks at the constant threads over the last 2 years about casters and BMs being the strongest classes* you know, i'm thinking you guys will just destroy each other now

Old 11-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #19
thatperson
Epic Scholar

whipper with shield is the best way to beat a caster daer
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 11-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #20
Sapreaver
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
in five seconds and two double attacks a capped warrior max ce/cs can potentially whack off 2700*4 10800 hp with a 42delay weapon it is slightly higher than that I lowered it for simplicity