Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Old 01-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #41
Melusinenyxie
Auction Master

Great way to keep all parties happy

Way to listen to the playerbase as well :]

Old 01-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #42
thatperson
Epic Scholar

strongly agree with the updates....but please extend the limit to +/-10 levels cause +/-5 causes a PK to be limited in where he can PK and also makes it where a very well build person wont be killed
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #43
Enchantedstar

Ok so I have to say this is a step in the right direction with PKs however I do not see how it well discourage a level 80 from PKing a level 5. They are already at the cap and can already be hunted by anybody who is at cap as well. I think that if a player could not loot/destroy anything belonging to any player more then 10 levels below them it would definitely encourage PKs to fight around their own levels which is what I think Glitchless is trying to encourage with this possible patch.

One thing to add
Old 01-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #44
Fenriswolf

Default One thing to add

This would actually work except for one thing.

Remove the pker from dropping to level 0

Think about imposing some other form of forfeit as its still to much.

1. Just lose all items and gold

2. Lose half exp points / All skills reduced by half

3. Cannot gain exp/farm/trade/craft for 1 month

Anything other than dropping to level 0

Old 01-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #45
thatperson
Epic Scholar

jeff has already said he will settle for nothing less than permadeath
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 01-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #46
Faithfulservant
Rare Collector

Great ideas so far!Full support!

Old 01-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #47
Destruction
Rare Collector

Agreed. Increase the lifespan of REAL pk'ers. Full support!

Old 01-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #48
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I HAZ IDEA........eliminate SPK altogether...and the stupid escape daze patch

SPK having to "renew" their status means, an alt or friend has to let you force and escape...still BS.......SPK (secret PLAYER KILLER) is completely wrong, if you dont KILL a PLAYER, why should you get a bonus for the same??

and lets face it....exhaustion just sux

as for the "new" "younger" players, if you go PK @ lvl 5 YOU PHAIL, and as such deserve to be smeared all over the face of Nod forcing you to quit and save the rest of us the stupidity that a lvl 5 PK entails
MG how would you be an SecretPK if you have to keel someone

Old 01-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #49
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Now that I think about it, Relic brings up a very valid point.. High level PK'rs really don't get anything aside from the triple EXP.. I mean as it stands now, PK'ing is really only and endgame feature..Not having a capped character tho, I really can't make any suggestions for them.. But a higher level skill (maybe obtainable at level 60 or 70 to spruce things up a bit)

Another thing I was thinking about is, how is it fair that say.. if you get forced on you really dont get much time to regen between battles.. (say if 3 people already found you and all engage in different battles. You kill the first, the second but die to the third to some stupid reason.. If your going to keep the exhaustion rate for escaping, I'd suggest add some sort of battle exhaust if you win (or as I said before you redeem assuming the player is in your range)

@ PK

I thought the same at first and was hoping to see a 15 level difference, but began to think about it.. level 10 is slayable by level 25 (or 20 even) = still not fair at all.. Even with triple experience with an enemy 10-15 lvls above you is just better most of the time unless you spend countless hours boosting you character beyond belief.. And your still more than welcome to try to kill anyone you wish.. Aslong as your ready to face everyone you didnt wish..

The party thing has to be addressed, but people are failing to realise with this patch, it will bring alot more PK's.. to party with, if you trust them or not is upto you.. Kyron's idea of using the EXP limit as a guildline for group battle (assuming all player are within the level limit or close) seems to be the best idea, but also seems flawed to me at level cap.. (This would mean that the highest level PK could never redeem if redemption was like this) However would be a great addition if the bugs could be kinked out..

Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #50
Phatlewt

As said before this would be great for people that go pk at lvl 5 because even a lvl 10 would have a hard time tracking them down.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #51
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Also, being someone who has toyed with the system how it is now..
I really like the idea of some black market for PK's or SPK's ofcourse there would have to be restrictions implemented (maybe less exp bonus for social skills)..

But my SPK had looted some epic's.. and couldn't upgrade his equipment without having to grind on the same spot until I was ready to move up in EQ. Had I been able to sell those epics (obviously was an experiment char so he didnt have virtues and I wasnt going to buy them for someone who was gunna get whacked..)

Maybe even double gold, or 50% more gold per chest.. 25% even would have probably been enough to save my time/make me more interested in using that character. However I guess if redemption is made easier/more risky for PKK's (say if you engage someone , they win, you lose 10-15% of your gold to the PK maybe a stack of items and they get an immunity of a few min.. cause most likely if someone tries to kill you.. and fails there will be a large number of people coming for you..eventually you will die if the PKK's have nothing to lose really..)

Last edited by Jadakris; 01-24-2010 at 08:01 PM..

Old 01-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #52
perryhs

interesting

if char are well build...

it's not dangerous to go pk for player under lvl 72

Last edited by perryhs; 01-24-2010 at 08:03 PM..

Old 01-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #53
thatperson
Epic Scholar

THANK YOU thats my point exactly...with how much i put into my characters and how i build i cant be beaten by the average player 5 levels above me...this is my reasoning for wanting the restriction to +/-10 levels cause its still fair to the PK they can still get away froma lvl 20 at lvl 10 if they are forced on and it also gives a good chance to run for everyone else....+/-10 levels would be ideal imo

im also curious say a lvl 25 attacks a lvl 31 are they then killable by anyone? cause thats kinda sad punish someone for throwing more risk in there
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 01-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #54
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

its not really that dangerous now for a group of 3 capped characters to go PK'ing..

an Angel, the vocation with red magic dmg bonus, and some sort of tank/melee class is really a decent team assuming all are capped.. but like I said.. if they go PKing they will have a few teams of level 80's coming for them.. and how it stands eventually they will die if the PKK's keep running to them.

@ PK

Yes that is you... You were also 10 levels or so above me when i first met you.. and have been level 60 before so your learning skills surpass mine by FAR. Meaning you gain everything ALOT faster.. Practically at PK rates compared to me.. So how would I stand against you at level 35 if you were level 40?

I wouldn't..

Last edited by Jadakris; 01-24-2010 at 08:06 PM..

Old 01-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #55
launcelot
Boss Hunter

I say leave it at +/-5 since someone will eventually get a better build than you. And anyway its fun seeing a really pk run and scare everyone

Old 01-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #56
Katsuma
Neophyte

There is one thing i would like to bring up and not sure if anyone has discussed it or not and that is the fact that being a pkk is to safe. A pk gets a permadeath while a pkk looses maby 1 item if they dont empty everything in their inventory first. I think there should be some risk involved to pkk a pk to make it risky for both sides of the playing field. Please let me know what you think on this matter.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #57
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakris View Post
its not really that dangerous now for a group of 3 capped characters to go PK'ing..

an Angel, the vocation with red magic dmg bonus, and some sort of tank/melee class is really a decent team assuming all are capped.. but like I said.. if they go PKing they will have a few teams of level 80's coming for them.. and how it stands eventually they will die if the PKK's keep running to them.

@ PK

Yes that is you... You were also 10 levels or so above me when i first met you.. and have been level 60 before so your learning skills surpass mine by FAR. Meaning you gain everything ALOT faster.. Practically at PK rates compared to me.. So how would I stand against you at level 35 if you were level 40?

I wouldn't..
i was lvl 60+ for a week so my learning skills arent great im talking about all my characters tho thisperson thatperson pkperson sexyperson...when i build them they can beat lvl 10s at lvl 5 usually yes it would be a bit less fair for the person being PKed but would make it more of a challenge for the people who are PKing
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 01-24-2010, 09:11 PM   #58
jedimastercal
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatperson View Post
strongly agree with the updates....but please extend the limit to +/-10 levels cause +/-5 causes a PK to be limited in where he can PK and also makes it where a very well build person wont be killed
This is just too much because lvl 80's could delvl to 77 then go hunt a lvl 67 pker and i just think that 5+/- is enough because much more and u have too many people killing pks making them not want to pk and stuff

Old 01-24-2010, 09:11 PM   #59
Marianojoey
Rat Slayer

Send a message via Skype™ to Marianojoey

Now, this is what you should have said from the beggining Glitchless.

Hope to see this implemented soon.

An idea: When someone goes PK, and kills someone, the message saying "Player A pked player B in ...." should from now on say: "Player A (level ##) pked Player B (level ##) in..." so everybody knows what kind of pkhunter can go after the guy.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #60
bloodbaden
Boss Hunter

I really don't like the spk nerf thing, because if they have to fight every 2 days, then they are not really secret pk's, because the so called secret cannot be kept for more than 47 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Now if it was changed to something along the lines of "168 hours", and subsequent player kills (after their first successfull player kill) would not disseminate the zone they are in, but something less specific, such as WHAT TOWN they are near.