Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Can't create an account?
Old 10-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
Gigabyte

Default Can't create an account?

I've kept trying to make a player, but every time i said "confirm" on the last step, it would just say "contacting server" and then say "attempt timed out, try again" and I would be taken to the beginning to do it again.

I let it sit for like 20 minutes, and I even refreshed and tried going back, but it's not working...

Am I doing something wrong?
If I try to use a name that's taken will it tell me that, or is that's what's happening?

Oh, and I tried turning of SSL Encryptions with no result

Last edited by Gigabyte; 10-03-2009 at 01:10 PM..

Old 10-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Gigabyte

it seems to be a problem with connecting to the server
i went to the login part and the button you're supposed to press to login remained gray...

Old 10-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
Glitchless
Administrator

If you are still having problems you may need to reset your computer to force it to request new DNS data, otherwise it is merely an issue with your connection to the server.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
Gigabyte

that did the trick
thanks!

EDIT:

haha, well I CREATED an account, just having trouble logging on now! haha

keeps timing out again, i dont know why it's not letting me make a connection with the server

Last edited by Gigabyte; 10-03-2009 at 04:30 PM..

Old 10-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
sherman

Depending on your connection type, the game may be too much for your connection.

Can you play other games that are bandwidth intensive?

Games like Runescape, Runes of Magic, Warrior Epic, 9Dragons etc are ones that you could test.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
Gigabyte

not quite, i'm sure my internet can handle it, it's good

Old 10-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
sherman

1. To make sure your connection is good, it is a good idea to look at it's properties and determine the speed.

2. Make sure any background processes are canceled via task manager. This includes, but not limited to, Limewire, uTorrent, iTunes(depending computer) etc.

3. Depending on your browser, it may be a good idea to manually change how much your browser's cache can hold.

4. Try manually devoting your browser the majority of resources, via task manager.

5. Depending on your OS (Vista, XP, Mac, etc) you may have to disable some of the aesthetics, ie transparent headers.

6. Sometimes(if you use vista) setting a jumpdrive to help with your computer's RAM can help.

7. Make sure you periodically clean your registry files, defrag your hard drive and get rid of unused programs, remove any files you no longer need/want, and empty your recycle bin. Some people don't realize that unless you empty your recycle bin, the files still stay on the computer.

8. Periodically run error-checking on your computer.

9. Check and fix gaps in your hard drive, remove pieces of old files, and clear your cache. (many files aren't completely removed, bits and pieces may remain on your hard drive, cluttering it up and slowing your computer.

10. Vista users only- close windows sidebar, it uses too much computer resources.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
zenga
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Depending on your connection type, the game may be too much for your connection.

Can you play other games that are bandwidth intensive?
Its a misconception that Nodiatis is a bandwith intensive game. I've been playing it over a 3G connection, where my data volume was limited to 1 gb / month and a 0.10 euro per extra MB (insane i know). Hence why i monitored my bandwith usage.

Starting 3 instances of nod requires 3x 500kb. And playing for hours gave me around 30mb per day of bandwith usage. I wouldn't call that a bandwith intensive game.

Moreover, my reach here was really bad, having a max speed of 4-5 kb/s usually. And nod ran fine without any lag most of the time, having 3 instances open in same group.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #9
Archie

I dont have the same problems as you but i kinda know what your going threw. only difference with me is i can log and and everything just cant type anything. lol i have to copy & paste my password in with my mouse. And i cant find anything wrong with my computer. i have the latest updates. Do you have all the updates. Like the new Java update?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #10
Gigabyte

Yeah, I have all updates and such.
I still have a good 2/3rds of the memory on my computer free, along with 2GBs of RAM and 2.4 Ghz processor speed; and I just recently updated my internet speed.

I'm not sure what it is..? I tried doing an IP traceroute to see if I was being blocked by a website along the way, but I wasn't entirely sure what I was supposed to be looking at when it finished, haha so I guess i'm not?

Still wasn't able to get on today