Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Arena Strategies Exposed - LG Weapon and TC Rewards
Old 10-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
Glitchless
Administrator

Default Arena Strategies Exposed - LG Weapon and TC Rewards

This thread and competition is solely about PvP arena fighting strategies. This is not for discussing changes to the arena system.

Part of the reason the arenas can be so frustrating to players is because they don't fully understand the intricacies of what it takes to compete at top level. Simply going in there with the idea of having your team overpower the other by brute force will not yield the best results. Your team needs contingency plans and different strategies based on the type of team you are facing.

In order to help in this regard we are having a competition to see who can produce the best write-up of arena strategies. In order to enter this competition you will need to e-mail your submission to help@nodiatis.com. It must include a summary of the season 6 top 10 team's builds and their respective strategies as well as noting other formidable builds/strategies of past and present. If you don't know what a particular team did you can guess based on their class/gear, but you must provide info on the top teams. Information should include all the tips and tricks that you've learned in order to make your team have the greatest chance of winning matches.

1st place will get a random legendary weapon and second place 25 TCs. Be sure to have all submissions in by then. This contest will last 2 weeks, ending on Oct 21st.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
legendaryevil
Crab Defiler

First!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
NoRemorse
Seer's BFF

. ok glitch nice after a good post was posted, thnx for the update ... will probs nor email the full idea behing it

Last edited by NoRemorse; 10-07-2012 at 12:06 PM..

Old 10-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

One big problem: plagiarism

Please make it so that we EMAIL you our memo, and you post all the memos at the end of contest. This way, you won't have other ppl just copying what hardworking ppl spent hours to write up

Old 10-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Huggles
Epic Scholar

deleted so you foos can't copy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Last edited by Huggles; 10-07-2012 at 11:57 AM..

Old 10-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
LadyGaGya
Boss Hunter

What i posted was certainly a strategy this arena season, poo to you for deleting it

Old 10-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
Oneangel
Rare Collector

Slight flaw in this competition...

What is to stop someone from waiting until the last minute of this competition before submitting an entry comprising information gleaned from all the best previously posted entries with the addition of only a few original pieces of information?

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 10-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
Glitchless
Administrator

We've changed the submission method to emailing help@nodiatis.com instead of posting. We'll post the winning submissions and sticky them.

Already had to delete several posts. This is not a thread about the arena system, this is a thread about strategy.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
whipthis
Crab Defiler

emailed instead

Last edited by whipthis; 10-07-2012 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: emailing it

Old 10-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #10
Claudia
Rare Collector

To what address should we email? Contact@nodiatis.com ?

Thanks

Old 10-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
chloe
Seer's BFF

the way to enter changed as i was writing, btw glitch i forgot to mention in email, it can work with any lvl/ equipment, but is the most effective way i find

Honorable mention goes to Emiliastormrage, Roguetiger, Hustlerking, Chloe.

Last edited by chloe; 10-07-2012 at 11:53 AM..

Old 10-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
Deadlyone
Gem Pouch Expert

Location: IN DAT BIG PHX 602 WHERE WE KILL SNITCHZ N BURN HATERZ ALL DAY EVERYDAY, US PHOENIX,ARIZONA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixandru View Post
To what address should we email? Contact@nodiatis.com ?

Thanks
Glitch, just said Help@nodiatis.com

Old 10-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #13
Master
Boss Hunter

.... A random lg for 10 minutes of typing abd i spent 7 months of arena.... Great deal

Old 10-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #14
Master
Boss Hunter

Not too mention all this will do is have several people copy builds and strats now and arena will never be the same.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
Master
Boss Hunter

Eh, im not going to be sour... Sory for the negatively all. And good luck

Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
Trojan
Seer's BFF

A TANK... A HEALER... A CASTER

sorry i can not email this becoz its too smallll and i cant remember my email pw hell i cant even read your first post properly all i can see is 25 tcs and i fookin want them !!!

be careful of those alpha nerds !!!

Old 10-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #17
Abeltronics
Rare Collector

buy more tcs!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #18
Glitchless
Administrator

Congrats to Paulodjohn for 1st place and Stormwizard and Concede tied for 2nd place. Their guides are stickied in the guides forum.

Honorable mention goes to Emiliastormrage, Roguetiger, Hustlerking, Chloe. A lot of entries did not follow directions and only gave general info or outlined the top 10 teams.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #19
chloe
Seer's BFF

a friend asked what i wrote, so here it is,

I find in arena, the main component is a good tank, someone who can take a lot of damage and taunt, a BM shield user would be a good option, with the growl and heal abilities of the beast master and blocking from the shield. of course against area of effect gem casters and archers a tank becomes less useful, as the caster can still hit all the targets, and a bow user has arrow rain, however some useful gem auras can help resist the caster such as death resistance auras, life resistance auras, and psych magic resistance auras.

a second person who can be very helpful in your team is a dedicated healer, angel/priest combo is good, these healers can help keep the tank alive, as well as overhealing any dots that may be cast on them. they can also heal any members of the team that are hit buy aoe gems and arrow rains. this healer can use an angelic aura which will increase heals and reduce damage.

finally, you will need someone who can deal damage against the opposing team, as in arena you have to kill the other team, as well as staying alive. you will want a dedicated damage user, bows/DD/Dots/Crushers/slashers, all are good to do damage.

you can also decide to do other builds of teams, such as having a dotter and an archer, who is able to cause bladow to great extent against tanks. blinding arrow is an incredibly powerful tool against melee characters, as well as vengeful on DD users.

dotters are effective against tanks, as when resisted they do not get reflected, and the damage can build up quite nicely. crushers can be very nice to have on your team along side beast-masters with their stun abilities, as well as archers who can use their class ability to mes one target, and switch to another, effectively making one opponent out of the battle for some time.

gem shattering is a very useful tool, when using it try to communicate with your team to take out their most advantuageous auras, such as resistance auras, broadheads, weighted steel etc. taking out a casters impervious aura, and stealing the mana and energy is a very effective way of taking them out of the fight, with no mana and energy they will not be able to cast, reducing a lot of their dps.

as well as coordinating with gem shattering, coordinate which targets to attack, such as using mesmerize against one target then switching to a different one, as well as taking out their dps before their tank has a change to taunt. not only is the beneficial, but killing one of them at a time, will reduce the amount of damage your team will take as each one dies in turn.

overall, no matter what team you put together you will have a weakness, try to find this weakness and be able to adapt to it, so if the enemy keeps using angel abilities, kill their angel first, if your dots keep getting resisted, try switching to heals, which cannot be resisted.

The top ten teams from arena seasons six strategys pretty all used a tank, with most having some kind of healer, arach from the top team is a guardian, who gets a nice bonus % chance to block, and thorin is a good dps with the ledgendary crusher, also paulodjohn is a caster, which gives great dps, as well as being able to use some heals from time to time when nessasary.

The second team, consisting of Kingpk, jacenty and nautolan also had a tank, being jacenty, and two casters, one being a preist which gives nice bonus to healing ability. Where jacenty would taunt and absorb all the damage, kingpk and nautolan can deal the damage, with nautolan healing whenever nessasary.

The third placed team, consisting of tartz, ripple and cyress, had possibly tartz as a tank, using the ability of a jewleler to draw many gems quickly, being able to taunt the opponent as soon as the battle starts, and cyress as a dotter who can use draw many damage over time gems quickly also using the jewler class ability, which can be very effective with a bow user, or even on their own with rupture and outbreak, as well as having access to dividens to keep mana/energy supply up.

In fourth place cam alhimyk, pedrowazup and smertnik, angel, beast master and warlock respectively. Pedrowazup being a beastmaster can take alot of damage and tank quite well, were alhymyk being an angel can heal any damage caused as well as dealing damage with gems and staff, where smertnik can choose to be full damage, to harm the opponent, whil the other two keep him alive.

In fifth place came coprolalia roguetiger and brama. Caster, two handed piercer and a caster.
While none of them tank, having all doing damage is a clever tactic as with the damage bonus over time with arena the damage can become high quickly, and i suspect coprolalia and brama both used some heals in the pouches. While this kind of setup offers full damage per second, you loose some survivability from not having a dedicated person being able to take alot of damage.

In sixth, came Trojan mangayatay and rooboy, a caster, vampire who uses whips and a druid. Again two casters who can deal damage and heal, and a beastmaster who can take damage and taunt the opposition.

Seventh position was bucifal, costeak and mircicutza, both bucifal and costeak being warriors benefiting the use of their crushers, and mircicutza being a caster. Havnt two crushers on a team is good as they will have used gem shatter to destroy the apponents stun immunes, leaving them open to be caught in a stun lock, where they are permanently stunned and unable to do anything, and i suspect costeak used some heals within their pouch to heal the other members of the team as well as deal damage.

In eighth came merflynmyst dennisthemenace and evillegend. Wizard, warrior and paladin. Caster tank caster combo. Dennisthe menace would be tanking the most damage, using whips and a shield a powerful combo for negating damage. From their merflynmyst would deal damage and heal with gems as would evillegend.

In ninth was nymm, mistresselvira and ghosttamer as a paliadin, persist and magician. Nymm using a slasher and crusher would be a damage dealer, as well as using some auras which would have got a nice bonus from being a paladin, such as damage boosters and damage negations, which will not only effect them, but the whole team. Mistresselvira is a caster and used gems as a main damage dealer, and probably some heals to help out. Ghosttamer was also a damage dealer being a caster, and also most likely used heals to help the team when they took damage.

And finaly in tenth was noremorse, gracy and oneangel, being a caster, beastmaster and preist. Noremorse would be able to deal alot of damage being a caster, and also being able to heal, as well as oneangel, who as a preist will get nice bonuses to healing gems, and would have had some damage gems in their too. Their tank was gracy who can take a beating being a beastmaster.

i hope you find this guide useful

(p.s) you better read this hennypennywennylennymenny

Honorable mention goes to Emiliastormrage, Roguetiger, Hustlerking, Chloe.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #20
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

bump

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey