Legendary Armors
Old 02-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Default Legendary Armors

DONT MAKE THEM CRAFTABLE.

store bought, i dont like either.

that would make it more common, and then they would be like epics all over again, which would make them worthless.

players have been crying for quests or dungeon type things for agggges. make it so that the legendary gear drops only from these.

that way, its there if people wanna do it, its ****ing hard to get, which gives those that get it some prestige.

appreciate that you dont wanna make it like epics and just a grind fest to get though.

but 10000000000000000000000000000000000% DO NOT MAKE CRAFTABLE!!! it will undermine what they are for, and will end up destroying them, and make them common as ants arseholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Last edited by Smashbros; 02-09-2011 at 12:59 AM..

Old 02-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
Altf4

Store bought from an arena store with tokens and gold would be cool. I still say make a whole new REAL quest system and make quest points a requirement to get legendaries.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Extremely time consuming and difficult quests geared towards the specific armours... lets say one suit is for PVP essentially you would have to quest through NPC players that get increasingly stronger and stronger...

maybe have to travel to points on the map and defeat NEW monsters found in certain areas after a series of clues or riddles.

If these are TRULY legendary than only a select few shold be able to obtain them through hard work and perseverence, unlike the epics of now that everyone has and shares.

edit: adding quests to game (ie more content) qould certainly cure some of the redundancy. At this point adding to the current system won't expand enjoyablility within nod, but adding soemthing completely different will.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Last edited by flipynifty; 02-09-2011 at 01:01 AM..

Old 02-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #4
austen
Gem Pouch Expert

I agree with none craftable, or store bought, I like heroic only, and maybe require ALL epics to use.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #5
Nicho
Boss Hunter

having to sacrifice pieces of epic armor to equip them, and also make them extremely rare drops only like 10 drop total per game a month

Old 02-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #6
austen
Gem Pouch Expert

I mean all virtues to use, sorry i am tired

Old 02-09-2011, 01:07 AM   #7
annabel

i agree with the non craftable thingy... also i think 1 person could only get 1 legendary item and u should find a way so its really hard to get it... otherelse it wont be legendary... itll be more common than a ''epic'' item in a week.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:09 AM   #8
ryiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashbros View Post
DONT MAKE THEM CRAFTABLE.

store bought, i dont like either.

that would make it more common, and then they would be like epics all over again, which would make them worthless.

players have been crying for quests or dungeon type things for agggges. make it so that the legendary gear drops only from these.

that way, its there if people wanna do it, its ****ing hard to get, which gives those that get it some prestige.

appreciate that you dont wanna make it like epics and just a grind fest to get though.

but 10000000000000000000000000000000000% DO NOT MAKE CRAFTABLE!!! it will undermine what they are for, and will end up destroying them, and make them common as ants arseholes.
i agree, they shouldnt be craftable, otherwise what makes them legendary?

Old 02-09-2011, 01:09 AM   #9
cinderskin

Purchasable for gold may in some ways limit the "epicness" of the items, but it would be a pretty amazing gold sink, which benifits the NOD economy. With a relativly small feeling playerbase, it could take an amazing amount of time for pieces to be purchased, as more gold enters the econ when more players are playing to "create" it. Making it a crafting project would make the crafter rejoice, but that is already a narrow field of master crafters and would certainly create a feeling of a stranglehold on anyones aspiration to get legendaries, i'd rather the gold purchase option then that.

I don't want it based on tokens or any arena rating or effects because thats ensures an already unavoidable trend of the strongest players being the only ones to get even stronger gear ensuring the avialability of legendaries is strictly for the same 10-15 players for all time, much like arena already is going to often see the same 10-20 players in the top 3 spots, to get even more rare gear, to make them MORE strong, ad nausem.

Legendaries as "questable" items might be more fun for everyone, but the quests would have to be very carefully approached. to easy would be bad, to difficult, think lots of berserking heroic bosses, would be unfun losing rt constantly dying.

As heroic only drops might be ok, i'm not terribly familier with heroic mode but i know people survive it and some farm regular epics in that mode, so that not entirely out of the question.

Could make it cost XP or a stat skill which would be interesting, but that would have to be approached carefully to prevent exploitation.. hmm.

Instanced dungeons with quest rewards at the end could ADD UP TO a legendary. Say for each one you complete you get a choice of a rune, when you get x amount of them, you pay a fee to the seer to craft you a piece of armor or a weapon. I think that would be awesome.

Would also open up the chance for the idea of one use consumable rewards that give +1 to 3 to any stat as a motivation to keep high lvl capped players still grinding to get stronger. The consumable stat reward would of course, be soulbound.

What of "legendary" weapons? Or is that not something is being worked on?

I had started a thread a month or so ago with some ideas for potential Procs for legendary weapons :

"A weapon with a TAUNT proc. Would be great for the pro tank, consume no mana/nrg and perhaps be really useful in boss fights and arena.

A staff with a "weak vs magic" proc- basically if it hits it's target- it lowers the mobs or players resistant to magic by a set percentage. I would love the heck out of it.

A "random" proc weapon, like something randomized, say like the deck of many things from D&D. Everyday it would have a different proc randomly assigned.

A summoning proc. It would have a low chance to produce a soulbound potion at random of what rank im not sure.. perhaps have that be random too.

Reduce defense proc. It would make the mob easier to hit while affected when active, or more likely to score crit against. "

Old 02-09-2011, 01:10 AM   #10
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

Obligate us to have something to do, my idea is:

Only the Seer from Andol and Draak can give a quest in order to Obtain those armors: The quest cost you gold.

Otherwise whats the point of andol and draak? or bosses? or heart of darkness.

Imo, Tbh.

The most stupid Magician since 11/06/2010.

Original idea just fine
Old 02-09-2011, 01:10 AM   #11
Dennisthemenace
Boss Hunter

Default Original idea just fine

Original idea by Glitchless is just fine with me.

I urge not to throw the craftable out the window... what have crafters been working for then all this time? Those that only worked on their chars to be strong and did little to nothing in the crafts would be rewarded and crafters would well be nerved bigtime.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #12
Altf4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderskin View Post

I don't want it based on tokens or any arena rating or effects because thats ensures an already unavoidable trend of the strongest players being the only ones to get even stronger gear ensuring the avialability of legendaries is strictly for the same 10-15 players for all time, much like arena already is going to often see the same 10-20 players in the top 3 spots, to get even more rare gear, to make them MORE strong, ad nausem.

Legendaries as "questable" items might be more fun for everyone, but the quests would have to be very carefully approached. to easy would be bad, to difficult, think lots of berserking heroic bosses, would be unfun losing rt constantly dying.
LEGENDARY! Legendary is by its very definition VERY RARE AND HARD TO GET. If a level 5 noob can theoretically equip legendary equipment wtf is the point?

Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #13
Jarrhal
Crab Defiler

my opinion on it is legendary items shouldnt be crafted, and cannot be sold. no ah for legendary items. i like the quest idea, you pick the quest(s) you want to do to get your items. and they are only for you. you cant use them to get rich as there are already too many people with a basically limitless gold supply. A legendary item should be given to those that will USE them and not just trying to make a quick buck.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #14
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

(And make it so when you equip it your name is permanently put on it plox)

Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #15
Cheezwhiz

I would heartily agree with lack of crafting/sell-to-store ability.

Perhaps have a separate auction page for legendary gear as well, and with all virtues legendary gear can be traded.

Either that, or have legendary gear behave like travel gear in that it soulbinds immediately on being placed in your inventory, and cannot be looted (even when a player is permanently killed).

Last edited by Cheezwhiz; 02-09-2011 at 01:15 AM.. Reason: Added whitespace

Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 AM   #16
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

You serious? crafters and resourcers are already the millionares of Nodiatis and run all the epics, besides that they are LEGENDARY! why would you force us to become crafters?

No craftable which means you cant uncraft them as well so they are more unique you cant sell them or trade them.

The most stupid Magician since 11/06/2010.

Last edited by Sanlucifer; 02-09-2011 at 01:18 AM..

Old 02-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #17
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

I would like to see some sort of elaborate quest to obtain legendary gear. Not like the Kill X of Y and come back to me... but something in depth (use your imagination).

These items should be VERY difficult to obtain.

I like the idea of originating quests from the final town(s), too. Encourage more people to slay those high end bosses.

Maybe require even further boss-drops... like rescuing the princess kinda stuff.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #18
Drumboardist

First off, I concur that crafting shouldn't be an option. By merit, you are assuming that we will accept our brethren as "legendary crafters". Uh...I think I'm good.

Okay, so two thoughts on how to earn 'em:

1: The "WoW" idea. Grind bosses in heroic (burning RRT to actually get token drops). Collect enough tokens, go to the Seer and select the Legendary you wanna buy. Different tokens = different Legendaries you can save for, undecided whether or not tokens should be sold or not....probably not... Anywho, yeah....you couldn't just farm the Drunken Fisherman all day, since he'd be A) Grey (no drops aside from a fishing pole), and B) What, you're gonna, like, upcraft those tokens? Get 8192 tokens for a single mid-range sleeve? Nothankyew.) So....token collecting, much like arena tokens, which will then be spent on specific items that require that *kind* of token (yay different monetary systems!) and the right amount. Also, gold, 'cause why not.

2: The Quest/Seer/XP idea. Perform a specific quest for the Seer, taking out a random boss (or number of bosses), heroic or non, that allows him to accept trophies from you. You unlock the specific Legendary you're after, quest to unlock his mystic...uh...blacksmithing ability...and then dump trophies into him (like an altar) until he reaches enough "experience" to make it for you. Then you pay him for the troubles.

...I dunno, just thinkin'. Ideas! Yes? No? Twenty?

Old 02-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #19
cinderskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumboardist View Post
First off, I concur that crafting shouldn't be an option. By merit, you are assuming that we will accept our brethren as "legendary crafters". Uh...I think I'm good.

Okay, so two thoughts on how to earn 'em:

1: The "WoW" idea. Grind bosses in heroic (burning RRT to actually get token drops). Collect enough tokens, go to the Seer and select the Legendary you wanna buy. Different tokens = different Legendaries you can save for, undecided whether or not tokens should be sold or not....probably not... Anywho, yeah....you couldn't just farm the Drunken Fisherman all day, since he'd be A) Grey (no drops aside from a fishing pole), and B) What, you're gonna, like, upcraft those tokens? Get 8192 tokens for a single mid-range sleeve? Nothankyew.) So....token collecting, much like arena tokens, which will then be spent on specific items that require that *kind* of token (yay different monetary systems!) and the right amount. Also, gold, 'cause why not.

2: The Quest/Seer/XP idea. Perform a specific quest for the Seer, taking out a random boss (or number of bosses), heroic or non, that allows him to accept trophies from you. You unlock the specific Legendary you're after, quest to unlock his mystic...uh...blacksmithing ability...and then dump trophies into him (like an altar) until he reaches enough "experience" to make it for you. Then you pay him for the troubles.

...I dunno, just thinkin'. Ideas! Yes? No? Twenty?
yeap i had the same idea for your number 1. But i would not think grey mobs could be used to collect any "tokens" or if for instance, you collected a "piece" of a legendary as per my other idea, it would have to be for a dungeon that was still at a lvl you could gain xp from. =-D

The other idea is interesting too, a trophy dump, but pk'ers can already farm INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE amounts of trophies, and not sure how boon trophies would work with it either, so i don't like it for that reason. No free lunch for 'sploiters.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:41 AM   #20
Pansy
Boss Hunter

If legendary items are sold in shops at very high prices, at least they will be available to everyone who has enough gold. But I think players should have to work for them. If they can be crafted, the only way to keep their value high is to make the recipe call for resins that cost an outrageous amount, such as 10 or 15 million gold.

If players can find them as drops, I think they should only be available in heroic mode, but even then their rarity should be a multiple of epic drops, such as once every four or five epics, the drop will be legendary. But then finding such a valuable item would just be a matter of pure dumb luck.

If you aren't going to add a lot of new content for meaningful quests, then you could add some requirements within the existing format by using accomplishments as prerequisites for obtaining legendary equipment. Perhaps weapons could only be acquired by a player with high resourcing skills. Only an accomplished hunter could find a legendary bow or arrow. Perhaps an adept trapper with skill 80+ could find some other piece of equipment.

You could require a player to have found a certain level of resource, and send them chasing after T20 animals, or just have a certain level of skill. Maybe a player would need a different level of non-combat skills for each piece of armor, so that players would have to learn some artistry and crafting to satisfy the requirements for each piece of armor.

The one scenario I really don't want to see is legendary equipment only dropping in super-high zones that can only be reached by teams of three uber players. All that would do is make the rich even richer.

You have been killed
by Pansy the Mage

They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. - Tony Stark