View Single Post

Proven method- Ask for a "Loan"
Old 09-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #38
Tai`Lauranna
Boss Hunter

Default Proven method- Ask for a "Loan"

Sorry this ended up being so long, but it is definately worth the time to read!

After only a few days of playing Nodiatis, go to the forum and ask people to donate a Time Card and/or money to buy trade skill tools.
Just make sure you say "I'm not begging" multiple times in the request, so people know that "asking for a loan" (as a new player) isn't begging.
Don't worry about the stupid definition for "beg", it doesn't apply to you 'cause you don't want it to.

Tips for starting a thread and effectively begging for a "loan":
1. Explain how much you love the game after only a few days. (shows enthusiasm for the game)

2. State that you know this is the fastest way to get what you want, but you "really enjoy the game". (Small display of guilt- indicates honesty)

3. Say that you gave up something really, really important to you just to play Nodiatis. (Doesn't have to be true, but it shows dedication) After all, just because you don't want to pay $15 a month for a different game anymore, doesn't mean you should be expected to fork out $5 a month for this game…

4. Make sure you state that Nodiatis is better than anything else you have played. This encourages other players to believe that you intend to stick around for a long time, and will definitely "pay back the loans".
This is very important since the "I want it now!... Give it to me faster!" mentality associated with today's youth is very common, and usually ignored.

Here is a pretty decent example of what you could say:
Quote:
i am actually very very new, i am lvl 6 and have been playing for about 3 days or so, but i really enjoy the game, and i know this is the fastest way to get a tc, is to get support by higher lvls. i gave up a lvl 105 runescape account for this game, it's that much better.

5. At the first opportunity, state that something traumatic has happened in your life, like the loss of a loved one, or that a family member is in jail. (human compassion exploit)

6. Make sure you start a second thread to praise the donators from the original "loan" thread. (shows piety and humanity) This is also very important, since your goal is to use a natural human nature response to convince everyone else that you are a "worthy cause".
If you also list what each person donated, then others will also be inclined to "make the list" and have their name shown for all to see. (uses human competitiveness against themselves)

And finally,
7. Don't let anyone disagree with your opinion in a discussion thread, and tell them to stop posting. If they don't agree with you, they are just being mean anyway... (shows weakness if your opinion is challenged)

So, there you have it- A proven method as a new player to get free Time Cards and money. Why don't you just…

give it a try

Last edited by Tai`Lauranna; 09-05-2009 at 03:54 PM..