View Single Post

Old 08-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #40
Syn
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.> View Post
Who is your ingame character?

Yes, the crafting can be a bit silly at times and the quest doesn't recognize items that you have already collected. But the quests are more of a guide as to where to go, what to kill, etc and only recently have started giving decent rewards. They are skippable if you get frustrated with finding a fang or something and even optional all together.

Crafting is not recommended for low levels as it costs a lot to get started and even more if you intend on making a profit eventually.
well, that kinda puts the whole "Craftsman" class at a bit of a disadvantage, no? guess it's a good thing I decided not to jump right in on that, even though according to that little "test" that is the class best suited to my preferred playstyle. have to admit, though I'm an engineer IRL, I'm partial to magic when it comes to gaming so that "test" is questionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.> View Post

Resourcing, however, can be handy as an unpaid player as you can get the materials to get your own enchanting stones with somewhat ease.

The good thing about this game is you are not confined to a specific build. An archer class can use magic and melee, a warrior class can use a staff and gems, a caster class can be melee. Its what ever you want it to be and if you don't like one build you can reroll and try another with boon. I am an archer/ranger that uses whips and Damage Over Time gems, how many other games would let me become anything i want such as that?

I can try to help you in game if you want. Message Rogue (the pm command is /t Rogue {message}) if you decide to give it another chance.
yeah, sorry. guess I'm still just a little frustrated, but I appreciate the offer. I usually ask for help in-game only as a last resort. I prefer to exhaust all other avenues first, meaning FAQs and game guides. what can I say? I'm an independant person.

I haven't even touched enchanting yet, but decided to give it another go. I kinda liked my Archer, but what's one more reroll? I shyed away from the magic classes due to all the diversity until I got a handle on what skills did what in-game.

appreciate your feedback, but you have to admit it makes very little sense to play a Warrior using magic when you're initially gimped for -20% magic experience or whatever. that's like giving up 1/5 of your total experiance on the skills you rely on the most.

pretty significant gimp to advancement so I don't see myself trying out some of those combos you mentioned. I'll just keep tinkering until I find the right "fit" for my playstyle. oh, and in-game character is the same as here. "Syn"