View Single Post

Old 05-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #29
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Mmmk. We've got regeners claiming regen is not OP and a nonplayer designing theoretical bad weapons. Not getting anywhere.

If you want to point out a _build_ or multi-build (ie the sets that can be swapped to) that you think is truly OP (i.e. what was being loosely defined as "the problem") and in need of a counter, feel free to do so. A faceless person with a drain in their pouch isn't it.
I don't see how me being inactive is an issue. I pointed out the likely issues with Samurai Bow not long after its release even without having played the game, and those predictions came true. I won arena my first full season after returning to the game. But, who knows, maybe I don't know how the game works.

Basic issue that we've tried to explain:

Pretty much all builds that need manergy are shut down by drains. This means:
Tanks who need manergy to taunt
Healers who need manergy to heal
Casters who need manergy to cast
BMs who need manergy for auras
Melees who need manergy for auras
Archers who need manergy for auras

Of course, there's a 100% counter to this in the form of Shielding. That means healers (and people with healers on their team) can avoid being shut down by drains. Some staff casters can toss a few heals in their pouch and run Shielding to be immune as well. Everyone else has no real counter.

Then, you introduced Toad 2. As others have pointed out, using an item comes at a cost.

Who needed a drain counter? Pretty much everyone except Shielding healers.
Tanks need regen or a healer in order to survive. If they have a healer, toad is pointless. If they don't have a healer, they need regen, in which case they can't use the toad. In addition to removing the 75% buff that Timmy gives, you're also taking a 90-100% penalty from the listless aura, resulting in a total regen change of -94.3% just from switching a single timmy. It's simply not viable unless you find a way to make your Toad not hit (and thus not proc its aura), in which case your regen penalty is only 43%.

Staff DoT and DD would both probably just be better off running shielding with a few heals thrown in, but they can still run the toad. The cost here isn't too high.

.........Just realised you already changed drains. Not going to bother finishing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.