Thread: Toon sharing.
View Single Post

Old 03-08-2019, 02:28 AM   #66
Freakymagic
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Using IP addresses as a means of detection or prevention is too easy to get around and would result in hassles for players without adding any real prevention.

The only viable way to prevent the benefits of toon sharing (not toon sharing itself) would be to limit weekly play on a character to something like 12*7 = 84 hours. This would keep us from hurting people who wanted to go on a bender and play 48 hours straight and still prevent toon sharers from getting more than 12 hours per day value from a character.

We'd be interested to hear if there are any objections to such a plan, and for what reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
To clarify, the initial concept was to limit active gameplay, not logged time. It's hard to conceive that a single person would be able to average 12+ hours of actual active gameplay (ie actually doing game actions other than chatting or just sitting there logged on or in queue) over a weekly period. And if we raised it to 105 hours a week or 15 hours a day, it's honestly not even a physical reality.

If toon sharing is indeed a serious problem, this is the solution, but people would need to really support it in order to happen.

Changing the way TCs work would impact tons of non-sharers and is not an option. We are not looking to change the game on any fundamental level, just possibly limit excessive use of characters that is a clear indicator of sharing.
I think this would help if there are toons who are farming 24/7. Which would help the nod economy.

I dont think this would help with majority of arena sharing issues.
Many times toons that were logged by multiple people fought each other. Many times toons were only logged at certain times so as to avoid fighting certain teams. Supposedly teams were swapping emails to avoid certain teams.

Some things (the changing email specifically) I cant be certain of. Only have information from others (people who have logged toon/s in question) so the information can be suspect. However people openly talked about toons they were on/ common knowledge of people logging toons which were commonly fighting each other.

So i guess support? but i don't think this would help the sharing problem with arena. Its not the time that teams are in que. It is sharing and dodging so as to que and have minimal/no risk of losing rating while being able to dodge teams they cant share with and risk losing to.