View Single Post

Old 02-27-2019, 08:28 PM   #11
Lakki
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algamisu View Post
Nerf that samurai bow as well while you're at it, the most frustrating item in the game.

That bow, especially combined with the shield, deals way too high damage and there aren't many viable ways to counter it apart from DoT (and even then healers just overheal all the dps as cure increases over time faster than dot dmg.) Just check top 20 teams and you'll see more than 20 samurai users in just those teams.

It's especially ridiculous in the upcoming arena format in which people aren't very organized. Most people will just kill themselves. Just like in last 3v3 random we'll get mostly tanks in top 20 and have tons of people slowing arena down with those shields causing more dmg than most dps toons.

Perhaps make the damage not scale with bonus or make the users miti lower the bonus dmg the bow adds.

Drains are another thing that should be looked at but they aren't really that big of a deal until 1v1
I agree, the bow is too strong and you even told glitch last seasons 1v1 that the bow is OP. next thing you know everyone started running it and it made Samurai gear strong yes, but a little too strong. Samurai gear scales well into bonus, but people literally die from that bow alone at times. more samurai gear is insult to injury, and having to rely on a 2h, or relying mostly on dots to handle it is a pain at times. It isn't so bad when you actually have epic health, and counters to it, but even as a toon with 22k hp, I still tri-shot myself for like 1/4th of my health at times, so i'll have to stop attacking and stuff at times and just wait for high ticks to shaft...

This bow also highly discourages versatility at all, when was the last time we have even seen a tank use an Earthfusion, or GW shield lol? no point in even using some things when you can just go AC, and samurai bow, and just dominate. my matches against Senteza ( Bitkojn) team is extremely close because Soxson doesn't have a samurai bow, but if he did.

Block chance isn't valued much, or absorption shields much at all. every now and again i'll see a tank run maybe HR sleeves or a BP of it, but its pretty rare