View Single Post

Old 02-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #188
Conqueror
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessingo View Post
My clan has 3+ runes. I can only use the one that gives 150 armor. I am trying to get my runeology to 30 so i can use the vampiric one that gives 4%
If you have at least 20 in archeorunology you can use any rune. Just unlink your iron clad and link the vampiric rune if you feel that you do not need the extra armor class and the vampiric effect would be more beneficial.

20 in archeorunology does not mean that you HAVE to use the iron clad. It just means that you can put any rune into the first rune slot.

I will go over runes again. You might know this already but I will try and clarify it just in case.

HOW TO FIGURE OUT WHICH SLOTS YOUR RUNE SHOULD AND CAN BE LINKED TO:

for regular runes (meaning no plus) like this one:

you need
20 archeorunology to link this rune to the first rune slot
40 archeorunology to link this rune to the second rune slot
60 archeorunology to link this rune to the third rune slot
80 archeorunology to link this rune to the fourth rune slot
100 archeorunology to link this rune to the fifth rune slot
120 archeorunology to link this rune to the sixth rune slot

for + runes like this one each archeorunology requirement is dropped by 10:

So you need
10 archeorunology to link this rune to the first rune slot
30 archeorunology to link this rune to the second rune slot
50 archeorunology to link this rune to the third rune slot
70 archeorunology to link this rune to the fourth rune slot
90 archeorunology to link this rune to the fifth rune slot
110 archeorunology to link this rune to the sixth rune slot

for ++ runes like this one each archeorunology requirement is dropped by 20:

So you need
0 archeorunology to link to the first rune slot
20 archeorunology to link this rune to the second rune slot
40 archeorunology to link this rune to the third rune slot
60 archeorunology to link this rune to the fourth rune slot
80 archeorunology to link this rune to the fifth rune slot
100 archeorunology to link this rune to the sixth rune slot

And that is right. You could link this rune to the first rune slot without ever increasing archeorunology. If your clan has this rune and it has been activated, anyone who is a soldier or higher in rank, can link it to their first rune slot even if their archeorunology skill is 0.

An example to show how all of this works:

Lets say that:
1. your clan vault has this rank 5++ rune active
2. your clan vault also has an active rank 2 iron clad
3. You have 20 in the archeorunology skill

Here is how you should link these runes:

The rank 2 iron clad should go in rune slot 1

(This is a simple rank 2; No +; and so you need 20 in the archeorunology skill to put this rune in the first rune slot; 40 to link this rune to the second rune slot. Since you have only 20 in archeorunology in this example, you link this rune to rune slot 1).

The rank 5++ rune should go in the second rune slot
(Each + drops the requirement by 10. To place an ordinary rune like the iron clad rank 2 [no +] in the second rune slot you would need 40 in archeorunology.
A rank 5++ has two plusses meaning that the requirement for the second rune slot is dropped from 40 to 20 [10 for each plus]. So you need only 20 in the archeorunology skill in order to link this rune to your second rune slot. Since, in this example, you have 20 in archeorunology, you can use your second slot by linking this rune.)

Tadaa with only 20 in archeorunology, you have equipped two runes.

If you flip it around and put the 5++ in your first rune slot, you could not put the regular rank 2 in your second rune slot since you do not have the necessary 40 in archeorunology.

Each additional plus drops the requirement of the rune slot by 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessingo View Post
how do i raise social skills other than passive training?
Step 1: Put the skill that you want to raise on active. Do this by right clicking the skill and selecting the "active training" option.

Step 2: Sell something. Whenever you sell something for gold, you gain social xp in the skill that you have selected to be trained actively. For instance, selling trophies for gold or time cards for gold or anything for gold, will do the trick.

If you still have questions regarding runes, feel free to ask and I will try and clarify it further.

Regards

EDIT: I have a suggestion: If you have extra gold, contribute to your clan's rune power by purchasing some. A lot of people fail to realize just how much the runes that they are using cost.

A rank 3+ rune costs 900,000 gold to activate [and this does not include the cost of raising dominance and territory].

A rank 5 ++ costs 7,000,000 gold [again not including the gold cost of territory and dominance].

Furthermore, keep in mind that this is the cost of one rune in one month. Each new month, the runes have to be reactivated.

So if you have some extra gold, help yourself and your clannies by buying some rune power. You are using the runes after all so you should help your clan by contributing towards rune activation.

Last edited by Conqueror; 02-07-2010 at 01:17 AM..