Thread: Tips from Relic
View Single Post

Old 10-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #61
Beylok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
You completely misunderstand the tip about sacrificing trophy's, you're the second person to do this. It is vividly explained in much detail, I don't understand how you guys keep mistaking this. It is correct, i can assure you this. I will not take my time to this again, I apologize.

For your second comment, I did not use any mathematical data from skills, I only made an alt and leveled certain melee skills to 20, one at a time, also with a lot of untraining involved (while time testing all kills) and those 2 skills have been shown to kill mobs in the shortest amount of time (same color, same equip, no pets), regardless of what the skill data proclaims, that's what the kill speed data shows.
I do not post tips that I have not proven and/or tested myself.
Thank you for your interest and mathematical data though,
and, for paying attention.

Edit: I will add to your first comment, with the correct meaning as soon as I get time, I hate to leave you hanging like that Beylok.

I dug through the thread a bit and did find your reply.

I 100% support the idea of hoarding your trophies in storage until bringing them all back for 1 big sac. I do this myself and it is definitely effective.

The only point where I was disagreeing was that I do not believe that a 25stack is any more efficient than any random stack below 25.

When I grind, as I'm sure everybody has experienced, you get your 50 stacks and by the time you're at 3x capacity and ready to recall, you've got a couple 50s and maybe some random 1-40 sized stacks that just havent filled up yet.

That extra xx stack at the end of your clean 50s is statistically just fine, and will receive the same xx% chance of an XP rush as every other stack you burned. As long as you dont believe that all xp rushes are predetermined, and that in the long run you will run even (which you will), the size of stack doesnt matter.

I didnt mean to be insulting or anything, just figured I'd bring up a point.

As for my assessment of DPS weaponry skills:

One of the things that may have effected my judgement of Dual Wield as the best skill is: It enhances every other weaponry skill because attack speed is multiplied across the board. It may not have worked as well if you pumped it to 20 and compared it to other 20 skills. But I dont know the details of your tests.