View Single Post

Arena is a ghost town
Old 09-16-2019, 02:24 AM   #1
Lakki
Gem Pouch Expert

Post Arena is a ghost town

Throughout the years, players come and go in nod. While TC sales may be good, the amount of teams queued has dwindled over the years, 1-2 hour queues for top teams queuing because of the matchmaking preventing you from fighting duplicate teams more than twice in a row, and avoiding greys...

There were people who had a lot of alts, that queued them, but even people who have lots of alts don't care to queue them much for tokens or bonus, like the old days. We also have a huge lack of new players coming into the arena because of how discouraging it is to constantly get lose.

On top of that, Iirc there was a change that made it so that teams could only fight within 1500 rating or so, Correct? This is good and all, to encourage the weaker teams to queue more, but nonetheless, it also does slow down the queue for higher rated teams.

I did mention in a previous thread, that changing the way arena bonus works, and making it real-time based , instead of match based, may be a better option, due to the way arena works now because of the fact that less teams are in queue, and we can only fight teams within a certain range now.

Years ago, when arena was booming. Horde's of alts from Ghosttamer, Dennisthemenace, Mircibeast, Jade/Pearl, Liten, Stormwizard, Thorin, and others i can't remember, queued their toons.

If i had to make a guess, I'd say we are down 25 teams or so, than prior premade seasons.

Not really sure about what can be done, to encourage queues, or if this will probably be overlooked. but just my thoughts and a bit of a rant.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Reference threads :

http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21138

http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21099

Last edited by Lakki; 09-16-2019 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: Reference threads