Thread: Toon sharing.
View Single Post

Old 09-06-2016, 08:46 AM   #11
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Using IP addresses as a means of detection or prevention is too easy to get around and would result in hassles for players without adding any real prevention.

The only viable way to prevent the benefits of toon sharing (not toon sharing itself) would be to limit weekly play on a character to something like 12*7 = 84 hours. This would keep us from hurting people who wanted to go on a bender and play 48 hours straight and still prevent toon sharers from getting more than 12 hours per day value from a character.

We'd be interested to hear if there are any objections to such a plan, and for what reasons.
This is not OK.

I keep my toon logged for 10 hours a day at work, sometimes to listen for arena. Sometimes just to chat. So, if I go home after work and want to play, I only get 2 hours of real gameplay? Or do I just have to not log all day?

I agree toon sharing has wrecked the integrity and competitive nature of Nod by allowing some toons to be farmed by multiple people seemingly all day/night. In no way should you hinder the honest people, however.

TechnoBooger