View Single Post

Old 07-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
Ehlmaris

===========================
PART III: MINING RIGHTS
===========================

A week passes. Snarsh Darkforger remains in custody, while Clint and Indrasil take some time to rest from their journey. Then, at the end of the week, Warbird calls them into the conference room...

Clint Arkanis walks slowly to the conference room alongside Indrasil, who is still weak from his injuries. "I hope she doesn't have many more missions for us. I have to return to the Council, I have duties to attend to there."

Indrasil replies: "Yes, well, I'm not going anywhere for a little while, I still have to recover from that blast I took."

"Yes... that was quite a powerful weapon he used on you. I hope for the sake of humanity that we never see weapons like that again."

Indrasil glances at him briefly, then returns his gaze to the hallway ahead. "...Indeed."

They reach the conference room, enter and sit down. "Gentlemen," the empress says, "as it turns out there is more work to be done. Clint, I need you to go to the Council and deliver this letter to them," she says, sliding a rolled up piece of paper across the table, sealed with the Imperial Seal of Darislav. "It is a formal request for mining rights in the foothills of the northern mountains. Those lands are under the control of the Council, and as such we are willing to offer many things in exchange for the rights to mine there. Food, supplies, military support, economic aid, whatever they need."

"Milady... Would it be out of place for me to ask what you will be mining for?"

"Yes."

The Rider furrows his brow a bit in slight frustration, but allows the feeling to pass. "Very well. I shall deliver the letter. Is there anything else?"

"Yes, there is. Once the mining deal is established, I would appreciate it if you could gather the Council and any other interested parties for a conference here. Further details will be given at that time."

"As you wish."

"That is all for you, Clint. Indrasil... I realize your injuries are still fairly crippling, so I cannot expect you to go on these missions with Clint. Luckily they should not present any problems. As such, I would appreciate it if you could help me with a few things while you stay and recover."

"Things such as?"

"Research, mainly."

"Doesn't sound too hard. I'll do it."

A smile crosses the face of Warbird. "Excellent. Clint, you are dismissed. Indrasil, come with me." She exits to the throne room, the weakened Paladin close behind her, while Clint walks out to the main hallway and to the stables.

"Mining rights? That shouldn't be hard to do. The Council doesn't even use the foothills, as far as I know. But if the Empire keeps calling on me like this to do its work, things may change... Oh well. Best not to worry about it, I suppose," he says to himself as he reaches the stables. "Droxi, let's go. We're going back to the Council."

^It's about time. Did you tell the queen that we're not her personal police force?^

"She understands that. It's just that sometimes they need more than the Darislav military can provide."

^I find that hard to believe, but I sense you'd rather I let it go... Let's just get moving. I'm eager to see Jacuel again, and I'm sure Kate misses you quite a bit.^

Clint smiles, knowing that he will finally be with his wife again. "Yes... let's go." He climbs on top of his partner and they rise up into the sky, flying swiftly back to the Council.

================================================
This is now an open RP, anyone is welcome to join.