Nodiatis Forums

Nodiatis Forums (https://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions (https://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Manual melee attacks (https://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7013)

orderr 01-30-2010 02:39 AM

Manual melee attacks

Instead of drawing only escape potions from blank slots, you could have a few non-magic attacks drawn as well that anyone can use:

Crushing blow - similar to a daze gem.
Kick - similar to a stun.
Dodge - much harder to hit for 3 seconds. if you attack or use any gems, the dodge is broken.

Later on skills could be added to improve these attacks.

RogueTigeR 01-30-2010 02:50 AM

i dont get how these work... are they randomly generated??? or how are they placed in a pouch?.. ex: escapes are held by blank spaces

thatperson 01-30-2010 04:14 AM

i believe he is saying you have them as the blank spaces...i like the concept but giving daze/stun gems without having the gem ruins the purpose of those gems...dodge on the other hand follows the concept of escape or avoid so making it different gems like that would be nice imo

also make it so that you can choose what gems draw from your empty spaces

Misguided 01-30-2010 07:44 AM

i have an idea...if you dont wanna draw escapes...FILL YER POUCH

orderr 02-01-2010 11:30 PM

The point is that the player cannot choose which gems they want. They are all drawn from blank spaces. It would not ruin blue magic, you can pick what you want if you have the spells instead.

I am a caster with a full pouch, it would not be of use to my main character.

orderr 02-01-2010 11:32 PM

-

The point is that the player cannot choose which gems they want. They are all drawn from blank spaces. It would not ruin blue magic, you can pick what you want if you have the spells instead.

I am a caster with a full pouch, it would not be of use to my main character. It would keep more new players in the game if the game starts them off with more attacks.

Sapreaver 02-02-2010 01:56 AM

Drawing a random attack would be funny.

It goes with the card game concept

I stab you for 200 damage to your life points and a bloodlet.!!!!
Then I auto attack for weapon damage x2 because of my dual wield whips.
My SHeep then fire for damage.

YOUR TURN YUGI BOY!!!

lol

Tapobu 02-02-2010 02:02 AM

this would ruin escape pouches.

solution: introduce the gems as actual gems. i know, it sounds crazy, but it just might work.

Middington 02-02-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapobu (Post 71688)
this would ruin escape pouches.

solution: introduce the gems as actual gems. i know, it sounds crazy, but it just might work.

solution, 25 backpacking, a staff, and a sure flee, problem solved.

but as for the OP, i think pouches work fine the way they are.

Jadakris 02-02-2010 05:29 PM

Gems in this game are used as magic.. I don't really like the idea TBH, would give an edge to someone who doesn't understand the concept of creating a good gem pouch..

I'd much rather see a new class abilities introduced..

orderr 02-06-2010 10:12 AM

I don't think that a default escape is supposed to be a spell... it just represents running away from the enemy. So that it doesn't ruin escape pouches, after one attempted escape, you draw only escapes from blank slots.

Mostly what this could do is improve the first impression of the newest players and get more people into the game.