Nodiatis Forums

Nodiatis Forums (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The real arena debacle (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20909)

Khettry 03-25-2019 01:16 PM

The real arena debacle

So I get matched against someone 2500+, I've not even hit 500 yet. I lose (obviously), and along with that loss goes over 1.5 rating. Also, I've not gotten more than 5 rating on a win vs a team that has at least 1 face (2.5k-rated player). How in the hell does that make sense?

Rating loss/gain should be team vs team (average rating per player on each side) rather than each player vs the guy in the middle.

Also, I thought you couldn't lose rating UNTIL you hit 500.

Jarrhal 03-25-2019 01:24 PM

if the person with high rating is on your team and you lose you will lose rating, but if you win your rating gain is almost 0. seems kind of counterproductive. ive had 6 straight fights either with or against xzero and lost 2 rating from 1 fight with him and gained 1.4 with him. my rating is 480.

Glitchless 03-25-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khettry (Post 201915)
Rating loss/gain should be team vs team (average rating per player on each side.)

It is.

Pale 03-25-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarrhal (Post 201916)
if the person with high rating is on your team and you lose you will lose rating, but if you win your rating gain is almost 0. seems kind of counterproductive. ive had 6 straight fights either with or against xzero and lost 2 rating from 1 fight with him and gained 1.4 with him. my rating is 480.

I can lose 5 or 9 points a match and gain 0.something. I thought this was already changes so those with better ratings would not lose so much?

Enduir 04-02-2019 11:23 AM

Little late to the party, but worth noting there are now several people ~2k rating with more losses than wins. Get them on your side and your team average rating will be bumped higher, even though they may not be much help in the fight. So a loss will cost you more rating, while a win will gain you less against a high-rated opponent.

Since they are where they are due to high activity, there's a good chance you'll be in arena with them.