Nodiatis Forums

Nodiatis Forums (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug & Exploit Reports (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   People getting through the ignore function (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21015)

lobstermobster 05-27-2019 06:18 AM

People getting through the ignore function

I have had Blaze ignored for some time now, he irritates me beyond all measure. However I started noticing that sometimes his toon, or another toon he owns will sometimes get through the filter. This sometimes happens when I log in, or around the sever reset.

I believe that if a person IS ignored, there should be no possible way their chat can be seen by the person who has ignored them.

I have a screenshot, however I just saw a rule saying I cannot upload attachments, can I send this to you via here or another way?

Blaze 05-27-2019 07:02 AM

happened for many years. when you close tab with afk on. your toon stores messages for 10 seconds until the toon is actually off. if you close your alt's tab and watch buddy list you can see the delay. when his buddy face moves. that's when he stops storing messages.

while storing messages in closed state ignore does not work. iirc I requested this 3 years ago? but nothing happened

Glitchless 05-27-2019 02:56 PM

When you first log on, your client may get chat messages prior to updating its ignore list. In that moment, messages can get through. Suck it up, buttercup.

Tharkas 05-27-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lobstermobster (Post 202584)
I have had Blaze ignored for some time now, he irritates me beyond all measure.

Agreed. He doesn't bother me much anymore now that I don't play .

lobstermobster 06-03-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchless (Post 202590)
When you first log on, your client may get chat messages prior to updating its ignore list. In that moment, messages can get through. Suck it up, buttercup.

That is a good outlook on how to fix a problem glitch, it almost seems to me like you do not care about this. Good job fixing this problem which can be open to a lot of abuse if not fixed.

Roeth 06-03-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lobstermobster (Post 202643)
That is a good outlook on how to fix a problem glitch, it almost seems to me like you do not care about this. Good job fixing this problem which can be open to a lot of abuse if not fixed.

Go on, tell how it can be open to such huge abuses ?

Or is that just a load of bull ?

Blaze 06-03-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roeth (Post 202651)
Go on, tell how it can be open to such huge abuses ?

Or is that just a load of bull ?

i'm obviously going to watch when he says he's logging off and sent messages targeted at him in civil roeth. then when I see his buddy face finally go inactive on the list i'll stop. that way every time he dares to say he's logging off he'll see me for 10 whole seconds!

lobstermobster 06-04-2019 11:34 AM

Roeth, ignoring blaze, hes insignificant to this. I mentioned who I had ignored so it could be seen from the screenshot, other than that he has 0 relevance to anything, ever.

The abuse comes from this very basic function being neglected to the point where it does not matter about the client being loaded before the ignore function to the point where it takes longer and longer to avoid the ignore function. Is it really that much to ask that glitch looks into the coding and makes this very simple request avoidable?

The fact that this is the only game I can think of that this happens in just tells me that glitch was lazy with this function or does not care. With an ignore function, it should not ever get through.