Nodiatis Forums

Nodiatis Forums (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Arena longer gong (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19055)

ShadeDaScout 03-06-2016 05:09 PM

Arena longer gong

I have no idea bout about other browsers, but in Google chrome when a sound "happens" a small speaker icon appears within the sound making tab.
When you enter the arena and you hear the gong the speaker icon appears.

So why would the longer gong be useful?

Well, not the gong, but the sound itself.(standard ~3 seconds of *GOOONG*+2-7 seconds of silence)
As what I'm trying to say is that if the sound was to last ~5-10 seconds, rather than 3, when you are doing something else on some other tab, and you don't hear the gong (due to too loud music, volume being too low, etc.), you will have more time to see that you entered the arena.As in the current state if you miss both the sound AND the icon you are doomed unless you check the nod tab in time.

Because if you don't check the nod tab every ~30 seconds then you are gonna have a bad time.(death due to afkness)

Longer the "speaker icon" stays, the more time you have to notice the arena (speaker icon).

Picture:
http://i.imgur.com/pdxRxlU.jpg

Soxson 03-06-2016 07:09 PM

Just be ready to hear it, ie, stay at the computer, don't have music so loud. It's fine as it is, if you don't hear it, that's your fault.

Zan 03-06-2016 08:49 PM

I support the longer notification.

Since this would be dealing the chrome, I'd like to point out its notification system that has some nice features and could also be used to catch user attention, being pop-ups the simplest way to do so.

Blaze 03-06-2016 09:08 PM

firefox also has the little speaker icon :{

Zan 03-06-2016 09:58 PM

Gets even more support from me, then.
FF also has notifications API, but I cant quite comment on its features

NoRemorse 03-07-2016 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan (Post 187802)
I support the longer notification.

Since this would be dealing the chrome, I'd like to point out its notification system that has some nice features and could also be used to catch user attention, being pop-ups the simplest way to do so.

pop up .. people will complain that they have to click the pop up away or have pop ups blocked cause of security , i could not even play nod anymore with pop ups.

Just do not do arena while being afk or when you can not see the screen/tab that is in arena. It is a sacrafice for the bonus you are getting

Zan 03-07-2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoRemorse (Post 187807)
pop up .. people will complain that they have to click the pop up away or have pop ups blocked cause of security , i could not even play nod anymore with pop ups.

You're confusing browser notification with ad pop-ups.

The former shows status like windows do: open a text balloon for a few seconds and then close itself. The balloon pops-up near the browser taskbar (where url is inserted/add-ons icons are shown), so no interaction with it is needed.
Its a visual aid

ShadeDaScout 03-07-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soxson (Post 187801)
don't have music so loud

Ok, mom. :[

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan (Post 187810)
You're confusing browser notification with ad pop-ups.

The former shows status like windows do: open a text balloon for a few seconds and then close itself. The balloon pops-up near the browser taskbar (where url is inserted/add-ons icons are shown), so no interaction with it is needed.
Its a visual aid

If you are thinking of similar to facebook's notification when you get a message that will stay until you click the tab then you have my support.

Freakymagic 03-07-2016 12:50 PM

I dont know if it would help or not but i support. With how long it takes to do 40 matchs its inevitable that your going to be doing something else at some point and i could only imagine how long it would take on s2.

Tip 03-07-2016 01:08 PM

Support

I was in a convo yesterday with a couple of other players trying to determine if we were missing the beginning gong sound or if the sound was missing. I could not gather enough information to make it worth reporting directly, but seems like something to mentioned on this thread.

Soxson 03-07-2016 01:33 PM

I notice that sometimes, the sound doesnt occur when you have recently entered town

Tip 03-07-2016 01:57 PM

Actually, after discovering others were having same reaction as me, Tip stood in t4 for a couple of hours while I tried to figure how to track it. I had two other Nod tabs going and the usual tv background noise.

UnitheUnison 03-08-2016 09:08 PM

i've never seen the speaker icon on firefox :(

Blaze 03-08-2016 09:32 PM

i'm on firefox 44.0.2 :{

UnitheUnison 03-08-2016 10:03 PM

Haven't updated firefox in a while so that must be why :{

Blaze 03-09-2016 12:33 AM

yeah it's pretty recent