Nodiatis Forums

Nodiatis Forums (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Player Guides and Help (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Legendary Armors and Shields (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11017)

Glitchless 04-08-2011 04:57 PM

Legendary Armors and Shields
 
In addition to the 4 legendary armor sets that can be purchased in remote town stores, there are 11 slightly more powerful and far more unique sets. Acquiring these more powerful legendaries requires the skills of crafters, resourcers, and heroic fighters. You do not have to be expert in all these areas to acquire these items if you are willing to pay for the services of those who are.

Quick Guide for Noncrafters:
Buy from another player or off the auction house an essence of armor or essence of shielding associated with the legendary set you want. Granted you will not likely know what set you want until other players start posting their findings, lets say you like the sound of the Hellram set and want a Hellram Chestpiece. You would need to buy a Hellram Armor Essence, have a legendary chestpiece from any other set (bought in distant town stores), and 100 heroic essences (bought from other players, dropped by heroic mobs). You can then combine these 3 items without any skills with an enchanting rod (in this order) to create your Hellram's Chest. Note that the produced piece will retain the tier value of the existing legendary you used to create it.

The following info is for crafters:
First an epic dust of the highest tier must be combined using the enchanting rod (use first slot for dust) with a specific resource of the highest tier. Using cloth will require extreme armorcrafting and create a random armor essence and using scale will create a random shield essence and require extreme woodworking. When legendaries of other types are introduced more resources and crafting/artistry skills will be required - all will eventually be used except enchanting.

There will be 11 types of each of these essences corresponding to a particular legendary set. These essences can be traded freely among players as a means to obtain pieces of a specific legendary set. For instance you may have randomly created a Hellram Armor Essence which you can then sell for a premium to someone who wanted a piece of Hellram armor.

More Info
Heroic essences will have a chance to drop off of heroic creatures of all level, but the lower level creatures will have a far lower chance of these drops. They can be freely traded.

Just like the store bought legendaries, the ones created in this fashion can be uptiered by combining two like pieces with the enchanting rod. Similarly they can also be used to morph into different legendary sets using the same process that created them. Tiers and tempers are never lost during this morphing process, however, enchantments will be. Both enchantments and tempers are lost when uptiering.

Smashbros 04-08-2011 05:12 PM

ok you have mentioned combining a cloth and a dust, and a scale and a dust.

what about the other resources?? geodes, ingots, planks, dyes etc etc??

and when you say extreme, how extreme are we talking?? in relation to geode, i currently have access to a level 116 skill in it. is that extreme enough??

StormGuardian 04-08-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchless (Post 113167)
The following info is for crafters:
First an epic dust of the highest tier must be combined using the enchanting rod (use first slot for dust) with a specific resource of the highest tier. Using cloth will require extreme clothworking and create a random armor essence and using scale will create a random shield essence and require extreme woodworking. When legendaries of other types are introduced more resources and crafting/artistry skills will be required - all will eventually be used except enchanting.

Smash...last couple sentences..."all will eventually be used," my guess is meaning:

t30 plank - legendary staff
t30 ingot/leather/bone - legendary slash/pierce/crush
t30 sinew - legendary whip
t30 oil - legendary gems
t30 thread - legendary bow
t30 berry - legendary arrow
t30 hide - legendary quiver
etc...

and of course:
t30 cloth - armor
t30 scale - shield

Smashbros 04-08-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchless (Post 113167)
In addition to the 4 legendary armor sets that can be purchased in remote town stores, there are 11 slightly more powerful and far more unique sets. Acquiring these more powerful legendaries requires the skills of crafters, resourcers, and heroic fighters. You do not have to be expert in all these areas to acquire these items if you are willing to pay for the services of those who are.


The following info is for crafters:
There will be 11 types of each of these essences corresponding to a particular legendary set. These essences can be traded freely among players as a means to obtain pieces of a specific legendary set. For instance you may have randomly created a Hellram Armor Essence which you can then sell for a premium to someone who wanted a piece of Hellram armor.

there are 11 more powerful 1s that will be released, and 11 essences that go to a particular set. hence my question :D

StormGuardian 04-08-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchless (Post 113167)
Using cloth will require extreme clothworking and create a random armor essence and using scale will create a random shield essence

Smashy, learn to read...cloth makes random armour essence...meaning any of the 11 sets(perhaps even all 15?) and that is used with a pre-existing epic of the correct piece(arm/leg/bp/helm) to make the one you want.

other resource types will most likely be used with other types of legendaries, just not armor/shields

Lurkee 04-08-2011 05:29 PM

excitement overwhelms the young smashy's ability to calm down and read it :)

Sanlucifer 04-08-2011 05:32 PM

I have to sacrifice a legendary bought from a store and 100 heroic things and 1 armor or shield essense ? and on a note :

Note that the produced piece will retain the tier value of the existing legendary you used to create it.

hmmmmm

Smashbros 04-08-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormGuardian (Post 113172)
Smashy, learn to read...cloth makes random armour essence...meaning any of the 11 sets(perhaps even all 15?) and that is used with a pre-existing epic of the correct piece(arm/leg/bp/helm) to make the one you want.

other resource types will most likely be used with other types of legendaries, just not armor/shields

you know that random armor can mean bp, legs, arms or helm right??

nekkid 04-08-2011 05:34 PM

So there's no way to get any sort of legendary without first buying one from the store?

Glitchless 04-08-2011 05:35 PM

Storm is correct, the randomness determines the set, the resource determines the type of essence. That is why so few resources are currently usable becaues only shields and armors are available.

Smashbros 04-08-2011 05:39 PM

thank you for clarrifying :D

and yes stormy, thats why i asked glitch :P

any idea on when legendary weapons will get here?? i ask simply cause there is no point in buying a 99 epic piercer if i can get a legendary piercer :P

Glitchless 04-08-2011 05:41 PM

It'll be a long time. Get the piercer. At the very least you can dismantle it later for the dust needed to create the better legendary.

Sanlucifer 04-08-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashbros (Post 113178)
thank you for clarrifying :D

and yes stormy, thats why i asked glitch :P

any idea on when legendary weapons will get here?? i ask simply cause there is no point in buying a 99 epic piercer if i can get a legendary piercer :P

As soon as you get the piercer.

Smashbros 04-08-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchless (Post 113179)
It'll be a long time. Get the piercer. At the very least you can dismantle it later for the dust needed to create the better legendary.

<3

and lol san thats what i was afraid :P

StormGuardian 04-08-2011 05:46 PM

Well, I was just re-emphasizing...I thought it was pretty obvious....most things that Glitch says/does are...even the ones that ppl think can be read more than 1 way. Oh well, I guess I just think like Glitch does sometimes :\


So, to clear up what Smash was asking about, and for others who don't get it:

Each armor SET has ONE essence to it. You simply pick helm/bp/arm/leg and from that you get helm/bp/arm/leg.

The type of resource you use, will determine what type of legendary essence you get...in this case...cloth is armor. Cloth +t30 dust will get you one of 11 random legendary armor essences(possibly all 15?)..NOT a specific arm legendary essence

Other resources will be used for different types of legendaries...as scales will be a random legendary shield essence.

hotshot64 04-08-2011 05:48 PM

awesome, love the system

beetdabrat 04-08-2011 05:54 PM

Looks good :D

Since it looks there will be more resources/tools added to the auction house, it may be a good time to separate them into their categories for ease of access. Dyes, Berries, Ingots, Ores, etc Instead of just Tradeskill Resources.

Beet Da Brat

danaarlan 04-08-2011 05:55 PM

so do we get legendary armour as drops as well as the whole craftable business?

figgy 04-08-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetdabrat (Post 113184)
Looks good :D

Since it looks there will be more resources/tools added to the auction house, it may be a good time to separate them into their categories for ease of access. Dyes, Berries, Ingots, Ores, etc Instead of just Tradeskill Resources.

Beet Da Brat


This is a good idea

Smashbros 04-08-2011 06:30 PM

ok a few more questions :P

1) Will you be able to uptier armor besides buying a duplicate copy of it, and doing it that way?? like using the heroic essence with a certain amount to uptier 1 piece??


2) will there be dif amounts of tier 30 resources required to make the essence of hellram for example?? like i need 5 tier 30 cloths, and 5 tier 30 dust to make 1 essence?? or is it simply 1 cloth and 1 dust??


3) i assume that when you create the new piece it stays SB?? if i turn my Regulus legging into a Hellram i know the pre req, and legging bonus and stats change, but will it stay SB?? or will it be unSB so i can sell on ah?? and will my tempers/enchants stay on it??

TemariChan 04-08-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchless (Post 113167)
More Info
Heroic essences will have a chance to drop off of heroic creatures of all level, but the lower level creatures will have a far lower chance of these drops. They can be freely traded.

Question:
does it matter if the creature is just a lvl or two below your lvl would make that big of a difference or not? say im lvl 80 and i go and fight creatures at whitecap making them one lvl below and at my 80, does that decrease the chance of the drops compared to if i was to delvl to 77 and fight them as 2 and 3 lvls above me? or would that close of lvl range not make a difference?

RogueTigeR 04-08-2011 08:51 PM

I am very interested in Smash's #1 question... From a pre-existing post I was under the impression a new resource was going to be introduced that would allow by some means to uptier legendary armor w/o store-buying multiples. And by new resource, I do not mean like silks drop from mobs, i mean like after a heroic fight you are able to resource like we forage/garden/hunt/etc.....??????


EDIT: To clarity... the resourcing mini game was just the impression I got, the heart of my question lies w/ will these resources in some way be able to uptier legendary armors w/o buying a gazillion of them from the store?

Smashbros 04-08-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueTigeR (Post 113200)
I am very interested in Smash's #1 question... From a pre-existing post I was under the impression a new resource was going to be introduced that would allow by some means to uptier legendary armor w/o store-buying multiples. And by new resource, I do not mean like silks drop from mobs, i mean like after a heroic fight you are able to resource like we forage/garden/hunt/etc.....??????


EDIT: To clarity... the resourcing mini game was just the impression I got, the heart of my question lies w/ will these resources in some way be able to uptier legendary armors w/o buying a gazillion of them from the store?

already asked glitch, he meant a resource like silk, which i assume is the Heroic Essence.

question is though, will it allow us to up tier them?!?

RogueTigeR 04-08-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormGuardian (Post 113170)
Smash...last couple sentences..."all will eventually be used," my guess is meaning:

t30 geode - legendary staff
t30 ingot/leather/bone - legendary slash/pierce/crush(forget which uses which)
t30 sinew - legendary whip
t30 oil - legendary gems
t30 plank - legendary bow
t30 berry - legendary arrow
t30 thread - legendary quiver
etc...

GLITCHLESS!!!.... PLZ PLZ PLZ do not make piercers leather again...i collected and had crafted a 99 2h piercer and once is enough!!!!... plz let someone else share the burden

StormGuardian 04-08-2011 10:18 PM

FYI rogue, and whoever else thinks those are what they will end up being, those are just guesses, seeing as they're one of the two mats required to make the epic. i just paired them up for examples :P only glitch knows what they will be in the future

RogueTigeR 04-08-2011 11:06 PM

I knowz that... but...tbh...theyy're very good guesses...and that worries me

Vhazar 04-09-2011 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchless (Post 113167)
Just like the store bought legendaries, the ones created in this fashion can be uptiered by combinging two like pieces with the enchanting rod.

Hope if you have hellram tier 2 armor then you can uptier it to tier 3 with any store bought legendary armor. Think it is fair since you could get tier 3 store bought legendary armor and apply essense to it.

Jarrhal 04-10-2011 01:35 AM

ok so im a tad confused, for armor essence you have to have "extreme" clothworking and use a cloth and dust... ok makes sense
cloth=clothworking

but for shield essence you need scale and woodworking....
scale =/= woodworking

was this a typo? perhaps glitch meant planks instead of scales? I hope so because if not...

seems a bit like we are rewarding clothmakers as the only thing they need for raising skill is silks/thread, thus making armor essences relatively inexpensive,

however for shield essences, you have to have high level fishing AND high level woodworking (this is of course if he truly meant scales+woodworking)

Smashbros 04-10-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarrhal (Post 113360)
ok so im a tad confused, for armor essence you have to have "extreme" clothworking and use a cloth and dust... ok makes sense
cloth=clothworking

but for shield essence you need scale and woodworking....
scale =/= woodworking

was this a typo? perhaps glitch meant planks instead of scales? I hope so because if not...

seems a bit like we are rewarding clothmakers as the only thing they need for raising skill is silks/thread, thus making armor essences relatively inexpensive,

however for shield essences, you have to have high level fishing AND high level woodworking (this is of course if he truly meant scales+woodworking)

need high level in armor/woodworking not clothworking.

believe it was a typo from glitch.

need level 115 in armor crafting, same as woodworking for the shield.

cinderskin 04-10-2011 04:16 PM

so does this mean there is no way to "uptier" the armor directly without just buying another piece to blow up? I get that the essenses+armor essense + armor = new set piece, but the tier remains the same as the piece used?

Does that mean 100 heroic bits ALONE could be used to uptier a piece of legendary with an enchanting rod? and does that mean you need 95 item stacking? because if it does thats evil on top of hateful bread and buttered with malice.

Jadakris 04-10-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarrhal (Post 113360)
ok so im a tad confused, for armor essence you have to have "extreme" clothworking and use a cloth and dust... ok makes sense
cloth=clothworking

but for shield essence you need scale and woodworking....
scale =/= woodworking

was this a typo? perhaps glitch meant planks instead of scales? I hope so because if not...

seems a bit like we are rewarding clothmakers as the only thing they need for raising skill is silks/thread, thus making armor essences relatively inexpensive,

however for shield essences, you have to have high level fishing AND high level woodworking (this is of course if he truly meant scales+woodworking)


In my eyes the entire purpose of this is to give crafters a way to make money. In all actuality, there are 6 pieces of armor.. and only 1 shield.. so please tell me how a clothworker is going to get screwed here? Not to mention all classes need the armor, yet few need the shields..

Oneangel 04-12-2011 11:11 PM

Do you need the armour crafting skill to make the essences or just the armour?

Smashbros 04-13-2011 12:08 AM

need it to make the Armor Essence.

the armor itself, isnt effected by skills.

Sanlucifer 05-13-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dellamorte (Post 115393)
100 heroic essences are needed, so you would also need 100 item stacking also to craft with essences?

95 item stacking, yes and u also have to guess the order to craft it..

loxemet 07-03-2011 11:48 AM

hi .
if i have 2 pk accounts .
with legendaries .
then my group of 2 PKS got attacked by others .
1 of my acounts r died , but stil i won in the end.
do i loose the other legendary suits of my dead account s?
or i have it but cant use it ? or its just vanished ?
*anyway whats happend to account with legendary on it ?
tyvm

Treloar 09-09-2011 03:52 PM

Frankly, I think Glitchless really need to post up a comprehensive guide of what armor you get when you morph stuff, this business of asking other players what they did to get a specific piece of armor is no good, simply put if a player is pawning all in arena are they really going to give you the correct information so you can fend them off or pawn them... I think not!

Will Glitchless re-imburse players for all that gold and used RT if someone tells them incorrect information for the crafting of a legendary.... again... I think not...!

Thomas Jordan 09-09-2011 03:59 PM

Treloar:

See this topic: http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11297

It contains most of what the players have discovered about legendary armor.

TJ

Bengrim 11-16-2011 07:54 AM

All Known Lagendarys


DirectLink Part 1: http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=36

DirectLink Part 2: http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=42

Whats Missing : http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...&postcount=154

Brother 11-20-2011 07:40 PM

Bengrim, please add this to the indices.

http://i40.tinypic.com/15yepud.png

Brother 12-06-2011 12:05 AM

Bengrim, please add this to the indices.

http://i40.tinypic.com/29li8vn.png


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM
Boards live since 05-21-2008

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.