Nodiatis Forums

Nodiatis Forums (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Q Time (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20864)

Pale 03-11-2019 01:05 PM

Q Time
 
Thanks Glitch for the changes in the arena and your attention to PVP.

As the new changes of the arena effect things like time in-between matches commonly know as q time, will you continue to monitor and tweak?

Q times may be a little slow, 8-9 minutes between matches for me today. That may get really slow after 2500 rating if I understand the new system. Am sure you will monitor the results of the arena changes I just wanted conform if that is possible?

Glitchless 03-11-2019 08:36 PM

The new matchmaking system doesn't even apply to solo queue.

Pale 03-12-2019 05:37 AM

Thank you for the clarification. So after 2500 rating it will not decrease a players ability to get matches?

Blaze 03-12-2019 06:09 AM

no~ cuz it is not with this format. and with how random queue works. that's the point of it. showing what you can do with teammates of various skill levels, no?

Demons 03-12-2019 09:38 AM

changes to seasons affect q speeds cause no one wants to deal with a crap season and crap bonus gain and sitting in q for 5+ irl hours to get 10% bonus. just to farm daily rrt in 1 hour irl....see an issue? make accell / da increase bonus gains would be my suggestion. would see more people q'ing for bonus and would be able to get the decent bonus not having to sit in q for 5+ hours. hope ur not on durring a slow q time either or its garunteed over 5 hours :o

Lakki 03-12-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demons (Post 201592)
changes to seasons affect q speeds cause no one wants to deal with a crap season and crap bonus gain and sitting in q for 5+ irl hours to get 10% bonus. just to farm daily rrt in 1 hour irl....see an issue? make accell / da increase bonus gains would be my suggestion. would see more people q'ing for bonus and would be able to get the decent bonus not having to sit in q for 5+ hours. hope ur not on durring a slow q time either or its garunteed over 5 hours :o


45 matches = 9.6% arena bonus, 5~ hours of queuing roughly

token gains, dom, and ter gains are also pretty bad as well. felt so unrewarding i decided to start pilgrimage instead. and of course, the headache of people who can't even shatter a single gem lol. let alone have the basic mindset of PVP

perfect arena style for noobs to grind some tokens and get a few wins, but if this format is to help the weaker toons, why is bonus nerfed? why are token and dom/ter gains crap too? If the point of this season is to be more casual, than shouldn't the participation reward at least be worth it?

O.o just my two cents though, I may try harder in the season later, but for now its just meh.

Demons 03-12-2019 10:21 AM

i feel ya lakki im prob just fully skipping the season. pilg to 90 ftw

Freakymagic 03-12-2019 02:51 PM

Remember when you only had 10% arena bonus while in que? Now you can get more. Yes last season had op bonus but it was too much bonus too easily gotten.

Glitchless 03-12-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakymagic (Post 201602)
Remember when you only had 10% arena bonus while in que? Now you can get more. Yes last season had op bonus but it was too much bonus too easily gotten.

Well said.

Tsutsu 03-12-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakymagic (Post 201602)
Remember when you only had 10% arena bonus while in que? Now you can get more. Yes last season had op bonus but it was too much bonus too easily gotten.

^


Yay im back

Pale 03-13-2019 12:14 PM

I could give a flying f... about the bonus other then the bonus encouraged players to q. This q is as slow as some s2 qs. I hope the s1 arena does not go the way of the s2 arena.

Please fix the slow q. Please do whatever's needed. You would think just having a chance to fight me would be enough to get some to q after years of talk about how weak s2 players were compared to s1 players. All talk no action I guess.

Huggles 03-13-2019 01:36 PM

The issue is that for most players, the incentive to arena is to get bonus, and maybe tokens- not to win. Pair that with a slow queue and most players will just try to get matches over as quickly as possible, to the detriment of their teammates.

The teams that were throwing last season did this by queueing naked to quickly die. I don't suggest people will do this in Solo Queue 3v3, but someone who is capable of healing or tanking might go DPS instead to get the fight over faster, one way or the other.

You'll have people who are in it for the wins and people who are in it for the bonus, and they are on the same team with conflicting interests.

The solution to this would be to award more bonus for a win in order to encourage more people to try.

___

Also, this is not an argument:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchless (Post 201612)
Philog at 19.2% bonus right now...a good whine needs to age, and this one was definitely premature.

A single person who queues a ton and loses a ton is not proof that your system works. It's exactly as I said. Someone like Philog who is just in it for the bonus will queue without caring about winning, to the detriment of his teammates (36% win rate).

Of the 281 players registered in arena, only 23 have done over 100 matches this season. Most people simply aren't getting many matches.

Freakymagic 03-13-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huggles (Post 201622)
The issue is that for most players, the incentive to arena is to get bonus, and maybe tokens- not to win. Pair that with a slow queue and most players will just try to get matches over as quickly as possible, to the detriment of their teammates.

The teams that were throwing last season did this by queueing naked to quickly die. I don't suggest people will do this in Solo Queue 3v3, but someone who is capable of healing or tanking might go DPS instead to get the fight over faster, one way or the other.

You'll have people who are in it for the wins and people who are in it for the bonus, and they are on the same team with conflicting interests.

Have you done any arena? Basically every fight is 1-2 sam tanks per team with a healer/doter or nubs who die instantly. Even fights where 2/3 get popped and die instantly the fight still generally take 3-4 mins to finish due to all the tanks in it.


Only thing ive noticed with "slow que" is if you have multiple toons in que at once at slower times, otherwise it has not been that bad imo.

Glitchless 03-13-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huggles (Post 201622)
A single person who queues a ton and loses a ton is not proof that your system works.

To achieve a 20% bonus you need 4x the fights as someone who can achieve a 10% due to the logarithmic nature. Win or lose, any serious player should be able to do 1/4 of the fights of a character who isn't even pushing the 12h/day activity limit.

Good point about incentivizing wins over losses for bonus. Something to think about...

Brau 03-13-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakymagic (Post 201602)
Remember when you only had 10% arena bonus while in que? Now you can get more. Yes last season had op bonus but it was too much bonus too easily gotten.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchless (Post 201605)
Well said.

Give back the old system, i prefer 10% while in queue.
Arena is attractive for 2 reasons only:
1) tokens, allows one to uptier / improve each season and apply tempers after rush
2) arena bonus
3) top position ? (not so much, best example was DL team which sacrificed their top spot for more arena bonus during the last day of the rush by queuing with 2 toons being afk)

In this format, it's impossible to play multiple characters, a thing you advertise.
This season is for people who play at most 2-3 characters.
Don't advertise multiboxing, don't encourage people to build alts and consume TCs in the process, if you do that, you must enable fun for them too!!!
My play style / availability doesn't allow me to take care of so many toons in arena nor to maintain arena bonus as you recommend 1/4 of matches required for 20% to achieve 10%, unless throwing matches like your example does: Philog made a 20%, are you sure he made it by himself, being present in front of his PC or phone all the time ? I remember his 3 vs 3 premade team, he was active from time to time, but most of the time he trowed matches.
Are you sure you want to set as example an arena thrower (22 Warrior Philog 36% 134/240) ?
Posting on a closed thread is so "admin" like, for sure no one will reply to it.

It's impossible to argue with you and with your lovers, from my point of view, dual queue would have been the best solution, you didn't even care to reply to that.
Let's see how you will manage retention in this game on the long run.

Tsutsu 03-13-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brau (Post 201626)
Give back the old system, i prefer 10% while in queue.
Arena is attractive for 2 reasons only:
1) tokens, allows one to uptier / improve each season and apply tempers after rush
2) arena bonus
3) top position ? (not so much, best example was DL team which sacrificed their top spot for more arena bonus during the last day of the rush by queuing with 2 toons being afk)

In this format, it's impossible to play multiple characters, a thing you advertise.
This season is for people who play at most 2-3 characters.
Don't advertise multiboxing, don't encourage people to build alts and consume TCs in the process, if you do that, you must enable fun for them too!!!
My play style / availability doesn't allow me to take care of so many toons in arena nor to maintain arena bonus as you recommend 1/4 of matches required for 20% to achieve 10%, unless throwing matches like your example does: Philog made a 20%, are you sure he made it by himself, being present in front of his PC or phone all the time ? I remember his 3 vs 3 premade team, he was active from time to time, but most of the time he trowed matches.
Are you sure you want to set as example an arena thrower (22 Warrior Philog 36% 134/240) ?
Posting on a closed thread is so "admin" like, for sure no one will reply to it.

It's impossible to argue with you and with your lovers, from my point of view, dual queue would have been the best solution, you didn't even care to reply to that.
Let's see how you will manage retention in this game on the long run.

you mean like how you constantly were afk last season? lol. There's no reason to have huge bonus. You can still run multiple toons in arena, having more than 1 toon is still hugely beneficial. Sorry you can't see that.

Glitchless 03-13-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brau (Post 201626)
Give back the old system, i prefer 10% while in queue.
Arena is attractive for 2 reasons only:
1) tokens, allows one to uptier / improve each season and apply tempers after rush
2) arena bonus
3) top position ? (not so much, best example was DL team which sacrificed their top spot for more arena bonus during the last day of the rush by queuing with 2 toons being afk)

In this format, it's impossible to play multiple characters, a thing you advertise.
This season is for people who play at most 2-3 characters.
Don't advertise multiboxing, don't encourage people to build alts and consume TCs in the process, if you do that, you must enable fun for them too!!!
My play style / availability doesn't allow me to take care of so many toons in arena nor to maintain arena bonus as you recommend 1/4 of matches required for 20% to achieve 10%, unless throwing matches like your example does: Philog made a 20%, are you sure he made it by himself, being present in front of his PC or phone all the time ? I remember his 3 vs 3 premade team, he was active from time to time, but most of the time he trowed matches.
Are you sure you want to set as example an arena thrower (22 Warrior Philog 36% 134/240) ?
Posting on a closed thread is so "admin" like, for sure no one will reply to it.

It's impossible to argue with you and with your lovers, from my point of view, dual queue would have been the best solution, you didn't even care to reply to that.
Let's see how you will manage retention in this game on the long run.

I don't think splitting the arena into sections would increase the queue speed.

The forum is for constructive criticisms and suggestions, not insults. You need to take some time to figure out how make suggestions without a passive aggressive zing at the end. For example, it would be unacceptable to add something like "Long run? It's been 10 years and we can't seem to get rid of you!"

Pale 03-14-2019 11:44 AM

I started this post in hopes something could be done about slow q times. The problem is far worse today as the q is very very slow.

If none of the ideas here are acceptable please try to come up with a different fix other then what is listed here.

Neela 03-14-2019 01:33 PM

To make people to wanna queue more im afraid another kind of reward would be needed. I dont see the point where i would want to spend so much time in arena cuz imo the time consumed isnt worth the prize/bonus. And i wil be honest, if i do arena it will be later on to see the massive steals of rating and to see people complain, it atleast gives some fun!

Only idea i have is to add something new that can only be gained trough arena (not only tempers cus that what everyone has already)

Maybe a weekly arena gift box depening on wins/fights or something thats gained after x rating / x fight done (ofc not working during rush week.)

Maybe a chance to get an EPIC potion of any kind O=

Wulfrym 03-14-2019 02:16 PM

nope,
not needed.
further more, really should remove bonus from queue in total.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM
Boards live since 05-21-2008

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.