Nodiatis Forums

Nodiatis Forums (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug & Exploit Reports (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   No double drop bonus in Arena (//forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21097)

Iesus 08-01-2019 08:40 AM

No double drop bonus in Arena

Your team received no double drop bonus increase for losing to a team you were expected to beat.

And i am wondering how many times should i lose to Voltaire's team to stop receiving this message?
I 've never beat his team due to different set-up and the one handler against 3 handlers in that team (perhaps more teams exists like that).
How "expected to beat" is defined?
Double drop bonus is the main reason to do arena in my perspective, that's why i am writing this.
Any thoughts or facts will be appreciated.

Blaze 08-01-2019 07:08 PM

your team's average individual rating is higher than his. likely because you participated last season and perhaps ranked higher than him. since your 3 toons are supposed to be stronger based on this rating. you have the "advantage" thus him beating you means you don't deserve bonus.

you're an unfortunate victim of this inaccurate assessment of strength. nothing to be done about it.

right click >> arena options >> show team stats will tell you your individual rating. add ratings of all 3 toons together. /3. that's your average ind rating.

Iesus 08-02-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaze (Post 203162)
you're an unfortunate victim of this inaccurate assessment of strength

agree on that and i believe not the only one, many more exist out there in the dark nod world.
i believe that something could be done about it :)

Boog 08-07-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iesus (Post 203165)
agree on that and i believe not the only one, many more exist out there in the dark nod world.
i believe that something could be done about it :)

This is happening when I fight against Thanatonian's team. We are trying but we get smashed, and we get nothing for it. Plus, there's only 3 teams in the Q at the moment and we're getting screwed with long waits for nothing.

Lakki 08-07-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 203177)
This is happening when I fight against Thanatonian's team. We are trying but we get smashed, and we get nothing for it. Plus, there's only 3 teams in the Q at the moment and we're getting screwed with long waits for nothing.

Bambam, whom is a former arena S2 champion happens to be on your team. his high IND rating is probably what is making your teams avg rating so high, and thus making you not gain bonus.

Either you need to win against the team, find a new third, or just lose a bazillion times until your IND rating is low enough for the game to not expect you to win against the team, or you could dodge them , or just simply not care about not getting the bonus.

Personally, its frustrating yes, but its set in play for throwers. :/ it happens to me if i mess up, and insta die to a team with insanely high opening burst damage, or have a disconnect, or RNG just being crap and on a blue moon one of us die to a 2h slasher at start. *shrugs* after you just waited 20-45 minutes for that queue its totes OP. game gives you the finger lol, but its w/e

Try to have fun and queue up for bonus always, you aren't the only one who needs it :)

Glitchless 08-07-2019 04:21 PM

We're going to increase the threshold that causes this penalty so that it only happens in more extreme cases.

xaivia 08-08-2019 08:10 AM

Thanks! It's so much better now.

Boog 08-08-2019 09:12 AM

Appreciation

Thank you so much, Glitch. The effort to only punish the guilty is always appreciated.

TechnoBooger

Iesus 08-08-2019 01:27 PM

Thank you Glitch for correcting that slaughter of innocent players :)